Ill SM :(

Old August 6th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Default Ill SM :(

Finally taking the time to write...took Pfebe to The SM Repairman Friday,
and it will be 10 days before they can fix it..popped the spring again like
I did just before we moved and had it fixed then Course it's not a 'just
replace the casing' thingie like he hoped...didn't figure it was. So now we
wait.....

I WANT MY MACHINE!!! Guess I'll have to have DS get the other out and set
up...as I wouldn't even be able to go get it until the following Fri as DS
has Fridays off as of yet. Just when I had a 'go ahead and sew a lil' from
the PT'er. Going to ask what caused it...am I sewing too fast or what....

Butterfly

Old August 6th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther

Oh. Good grief. If it takes 10 days for the SM guy to fix Pfebe, you need
a new SM guy. Of course, I know that 'he' is a new SM guy to you but that's
ridiculous. And . . . for what it's worth, my Sm has been stitching
without a spring for 2 or 3 weeks now. Well, I guess it's different with a
Bernina and I don't even particularly know or care where the spring came
from - we just flew one loose and I've saved it for my SM guy, also new (to
me) and not a guy.
I was busy and determined to finish things for the baby due in Sept.
Had the biscuit creation to do and wanted her to have one very special baby
pink quilt ready for her arrival. I expect when I ship them to the lady who
will be caring for this little angel that she will want to launder
everything first and hoped to give her plenty of time - but time just goes
So Fast!
What caused it? The moon, I think. Yep. That's it. hugs, hm

Old August 6th 06, 08:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Polly Esther wrote:

Oh. Good grief. If it takes 10 days for the SM guy to fix Pfebe, you need
a new SM guy. Of course, I know that 'he' is a new SM guy to you but that's
ridiculous.

Not really... My OSMG is often booked MONTHS in advance, especially
over the summer, when he had hundreds of school machines booked in for
servicing over the summer break. The busy season starts at the end of
June, when the exams finish, and goes on until September, when the new
school year starts. As I sew professionally, he has been known to
squeeze in a quick fix for me in an emergency, but there have been
non-urgent things when he's said I'd be better waiting until the schools

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old August 6th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Well, he WAS recommended by those in the know here so I am hoping he is the
best around. Bad thing is it was just repaired (same problem ) just before
we left B'splat and the gal there did it on a Sat for me. Fortunately, I
have the ole Singer set up now so I can play a bit each day--and then report
to my Occupational Therapist on my progress with my hands. (Gotta love
her--she has a SM in her therapy area and hand sewed the 'finner's in on my
hand braces to keep them up high enuf. She isn't a QUILTER, as of yet, but
I'm working on it....that's why I was sewing--gonna take her a set of 4
placemats that I was MQ'ing. Now to find out what colors her kitchens
/dishes are......have blue/pink/green backgrounds. she was tickled when I
gave her Fray check--hadn't heard of it before and it works a treat for what
she needed

Butterfly
.net...

Old August 6th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati Cook

Polly, I know who B'fly took the machine to. It is the only shop I use
for servicing my machines (well, except for the old Singer I now ownG)
10 days is fast because these guys are GOOD, and they do not rush
service, and there is the need to get a new part. They also warranty the
work for 90days, which is unusual for a lot of service places.

I totally trust these guys and have for over 20 years. BG

(BTW not upset or anything, just filling in some back info for you.
Here in the Valley good sewing machine repair people are gold. and many
of the not-so-good have just as long wait times for service too. )

Pati, in Phx.