OT glasses

Old January 9th 04, 10:28 PM
Butterfly

Default OT glasses

Went 'shopping' today. Bought my new glasses---full size frames (he felt
'sorry' for me and only charged 1/2 price for the frames $60.00)--beveled
edges---glare reduction tinted--not the 'from sun to shade
thingie'--progressive bifocals. They should be ready in 2 to 3 weeks.
NO fabric shopping for this gal for many moons......left $459.00 behind. 90
day warranty.
Nice thing--the frames FIT with a very MINOR adjustment : ) Now if we are
LUCKY the lenses will 'fit' the first time round, too ; )
Bad part---the New Ins doesn't COVER vision : (
And we talked extensively about Lasix eye surgery for next year for
me.......$3000.00 for both eyes and I might end up with reading
glasses----who knows what they will be able to do by next year : )

Butterfly (7 years of glasses )

Old January 9th 04, 11:26 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Newbie! Glasses for 7 years? Hah! I started wearing
glasses when I was 7 yrs. old!! Only thing offered for little girls
at that time were the pink cat eyes; I was soooo lucky, they had
just started adding little sparklies to the mix; not much sparkle really,
but boy could I see!!! g
We've had this discussion before about progressive bifocals; *sigh*
I keep putting it off; I just take off my glasses to quilt, or keep looking
over the top of them to quilt while watching t.v.. g
Congrats to you on the new specs. Maybe some kind-hearted
soul(s) will squish you as compensation after you get the new $$$ glasses.
Ragmop/Sandy

Old January 10th 04, 12:16 AM
Diana Curtis

Glasses since the 4th grade. Black cats eyes. Virtually no one looks good in
those. I was no exception.
Hooray for good eyesight and the possibilty of getting rid of the glasses
full time! Dh just got new glasses last night, single vision with
astigmatism correction, nothing fancier than that and came out of the place
with sticker shock too. Its worth it to see well!
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

Old January 10th 04, 12:47 AM
Butterfly

Oh dear.........guess I didn't splain very well.
It would take me buying NEW Glasses every year for 7 years to 'pay' for the
surgery.
I've been wearing glasses since I was 3-really do NOT remember wearing them
until I got into the 4th grade--spelled a word incorrectly on a spelling
test---teacher had me come up to the blackboard and 'read' the
letters-----then I knew it was suppose to be "mad instead of mud-or was it
mud instead of mad"
THEN she went upstairs (2 story school building--phone was upstairs in the
hall--and EVERYONE heard the phone calls) and called my Mom-----I KNEW I was
really really in trouble --((no one called home unless you were in BAD BAD
trouble)).... she only wanted mom to know I needed new glasses. (I thought I
had had it for 'arguing' with the teacher! Didn't KNOW she and Mom were good
friends)
So I got NEW glasses-white 'cat eye' frames that I had to wear forever cause
you did NOT get new frames until the old ones fell apart.......or you got
your Bro to inadvertently 'smash em' or got hit with a baseball........got
new glasses that year, too.....
Butterfly (tripping down glasses memory lane---never DID get red frame
glasses only white /brown /blue/ brown --cheapest you know)

Old January 10th 04, 12:48 AM
Butterfly

Jez like I told that fella today------Vanity is NOT a priority here- being
able to SEE is : )
Butterfly

Old January 10th 04, 01:19 AM
Kate Dicey

Butterfly wrote:

[...]

I gave up on buoying the cheapest or getting the free ones when James
broke 3 pairs in a fortnight! He now has flexible metal ones...
Memoflex? Cost a tidy bit, AND he's managed to put a permanent warp
into them! Boys!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old January 10th 04, 01:36 AM
AliceW

Had a relative of my steps who had it done (Lasix) - had to have it done
twice in one eye because it didn't take the first time and her face looked
like someone hit her with a baseball bat. Had the second eye done a while
later. That was 3 or so years ago, she is back to wearing glasses again. I
don't care if they could get me back to perfect vision (wearing glasses
since grade school - now wear progressives), no one will ever futz with my
eyes! I'd rather have imperfect vision than risking the possibility of
ending up with no or worse vision.

You'll love the progressives if you have not had them before. They are
great with all the time I spend on the computer. I know you'd rather have
been able to buy some fabric, but with your new glasses, think of how
clearly you'll be able to see all those beautiful quilting stitches!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
www.ourcyberfamily.us

Old January 10th 04, 03:26 AM
Butterfly

Have had progressives since I first got bifocals--can't even remember how
long ago.
I'm not expecting 'perfect' vision with the surgery-at this point --I don't
even KNOW if they would do my eyes. I am that near sighted and have
astigmatism quite badly.
When I first asked about it 7 years ago--the 2 different Drs I went to both
said "wait 10 years"
The glasses I am now wearing give me 20/50 on the good eye.... I am NOT sure
how this new prescription will do.
Loved it when I could wear contact lenses I had 20/20 and slight changes for
a good 10 years--then my bod changed and now I can only keep ONE contact in
for about 3 min--had it in today when I was checking out the new frames : )
Yeah, we had fun seeing how long I would be able to tolerate it being in.
BUT I could see well enuf to walk from the sink all the way back to the
'fitting table' : )
Butterfly (And the saga continues)

Old January 10th 04, 03:40 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
Oh, beg pardon.
I stand corrected: you've been a 4-eyes longer than I have! G
How long does it take to get the new glasses on your face?
Remember when you used to have to wait for about 6 weeks?
Or was that only because I lived in way-south Texas (couldn't get
much souther) where everything took longer?
I love the way colors all of a sudden look clearer with new glasses,
the grass looks closer, the quilt stitches show up! G
Ragmop/Sandy--never did get contacts...

Old January 10th 04, 04:07 AM
Butterfly

Said it would be 2 weeks : )
BUT---from the Friday to the Thursday it took just to get the frames (well
it WAS from a different company) and they were sent by Courier..... I am not
holdin my breath
Butterfly

" Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!
Newbie! Glasses for 7 years? Hah! I started wearing
glasses when I was 7 yrs. old!! Only thing offered for little girls
at that time were the pink cat eyes; I was soooo lucky, they had
just started adding little sparklies to the mix; not much sparkle

really,
but boy could I see!!! g
We've had this discussion before about progressive bifocals; *sigh*
I keep putting it off; I just take off my glasses to quilt, or keep

looking
over the top of them to quilt while watching t.v.. g
Congrats to you on the new specs. Maybe some kind-hearted
soul(s) will squish you as compensation after you get the new $$$

glasses.
Ragmop/Sandy

Didymium Glasses - Questions starlia Beads 0 August 9th 04 11:54 PM
OT, broken glasses, nzl* Quilting 16 December 6th 03 02:16 AM
Small drinking glasses Tapper Doll Houses 3 October 16th 03 04:52 PM
Wish me Luck! New Glasses for Stitching Lynne M. Needlework 4 September 6th 03 05:57 PM
Collaging, Typewriter keys, watch glasses, etc. MaryJLind Beads 5 August 4th 03 08:52 PM