Almost summer and i saw some cute Cottons

Old April 15th 10, 01:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Default Almost summer and i saw some cute Cottons

I was just going through some old shelves when i found a kniited
cotton shirt, my late mother knitted for herself, than chaged her mind
and gave it to my daughter . Now it is on the shelf , still nice.
Maybe i should knit myself a simimlar cotton shirt, it is such a nice
lacey pattern . When summmer is almost here i always have a wish to
knit &crochet cottons , And the new ones are so cute .
mirjam
Old April 19th 10, 08:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
LindaLee

Hi Mirjam, came in here earlier and saw all the spam and was to lazy
to jump over it to find the regular posters.
I think our warm weather is trying to come but over the weekend we had
cold, winter weather with a little snow for Trout Season, which is
normal for us.

What types of yarns do you use for your beautiful clothing you knit?
I have never used anything but Red Heart and Caron. Also the
dishcloth cotton for all that I do. I just am unsure about making
anything that can't be tossed in the washer and dryer.

Old April 20th 10, 05:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

What types of yarns do you use for your beautiful clothing you knit?
I have never used anything but Red Heart and Caron. *Also the
dishcloth cotton for all that I do. *I just am unsure about making
anything that can't be tossed in the washer and dryer.

Hallo Linda Lee,
I became a bit sad seeing all those spamers and not one friendly
post , thank you for reacting I can knit only with Pure materials ,
wool , cotton , linen , etc,,,
I never saw the Makers you mention above! in Our wool shops , we have
mostly materials that were brought in by 1-2 importers , than from
time to time i see a shop that has some balls from a company whose
advertising i saw in a knitting mag.... and than they stop bringing
more or have only one color,,
One of the Best wools i ever bought was Luna Park [Italian claim you
can machine wash it ] fabriacted by Ornaghifilati, the colour was
variated greens with some Jeans spots ,,, Lovely i would have bought
more in other colors , but they didn`t bring any more .
We have Merino , but the name of the importer Teddy`Wool , is on
it ????
I had some wonderful Wools that were made in Italy /Turkey but they
stoped bring them in , This was one of the reasons i buy sometimes
more wool than i need ,, i collect threads, i love at first sight, If
i think i will Use them .
The cottons go under the name Supper Cotton , thae have images of
Blue Swans at each side of this name , and the label says again
Teddy`s wool.
mirjam
Old April 20th 10, 05:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

On Apr 19, 10:39*pm, LindaLee wrote:
Hi Mirjam, came in here earlier and saw all the spam and was to lazy
to jump over it to find the regular posters.
I think our warm weather is trying to come but over the weekend we had
cold, winter weather with a little snow for Trout Season, which is
normal for us.

Forgot to tell you i usually wash my knits /crochets in a bowl with
baby shampo +luke warm water , rinse in luke warm water than in cold
water , let drip in sink or bath . than roll in towel , and let it dry
for 2-3 days than hang to dry in aired place without straight sun

ps , water used to wash knits etc is collected in a pail , and can be
used either to wash floor etc, or to be used in the toilet .
mirjam

knitted, actually ribbeled cottons a delight [email protected] Yarn 0 March 10th 08 06:48 AM
knitted cottons [email protected] Yarn 4 March 7th 08 04:45 AM
all the NEW cottons [email protected] Yarn 0 September 1st 07 05:22 AM
Ot with official summer time declared , summer projevts come to mind. Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 12 April 2nd 05 10:35 PM
embroidery on checkered cottons Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Needlework 6 June 9th 04 01:35 AM