winder

Old March 31st 08, 05:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default winder

Does anyone have or know where to get plans to make a yarn ball
winder. My wife is into knittingand I would like to try to make one if
I can. I have plans for a yarn swift already.
Old March 31st 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Marilyn

This may not be what you are looking for but you may have what you need
without buying anything else:
http://www.figandplum.com/archives/000365.html

Here is another interesting winder:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Yarn-ball-winder/

Another:
http://soulfulhuesknits.blogspot.com...ll-winder.html

I will keep looking. I would like to make one for my daughter. Please post
if you find what you are looking for.

Marilyn

Old April 1st 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Another:http://soulfulhuesknits.blogspot.com...tchenaid-ball-...

wrote in message

Does anyone have or know where to get plans to make a yarn ball
winder. My wife is into knittingand I would like to try to make one if
I can. *I have plans for a yarn swift already.- Hide quoted text -

I bought one years ago , but don`t use it often ,, it never occured to
me how to make one . Maybe it will be easier to ask in shops for a
used one ...
mirjam
Old April 1st 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samantha Hill - take out TRASH to reply

I don't know where I saw it, but somewhere on the internet is
instructions on how to use two pencils to wind pull skeins. I can wind
up to a pound of yarn using that method, although it gets difficult.

I have learned to do it just with my fingers for smaller balls.

Leave a 6-inch tail, wind around little finger 10 times.

Pull off finger, smash the circle of wound yarn flat and place against
index finger. Wind 10 times around finger and smashed yarn
penpendicular to finger. Then start winding at 30- to 45-degree angle
to your finger, moving about a half-inch every 4-6 windings. After a
few of these, you can take it off your finger and actually pinch the
hole and the side of the ball between your thumb and index finger (the
index finger acting as a handy guide to keep your windings on target).

Voila! Easy pull skein!

Ball winder troubleshooting myswendy Yarn 3 February 7th 08 12:31 AM
Check this out ! Yarn winder free ! [email protected] Yarn 13 July 16th 05 08:10 PM
Swift and Ball Winder Mark Yarn 4 March 27th 05 04:27 AM
Need info on antique skein winder swerdnabags Yarn 2 February 19th 05 05:18 PM
Wool Winder droid Yarn 2 November 11th 03 02:17 PM