OT knit / crochet yarn

Old September 2nd 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Default OT knit / crochet yarn

My favorite yarn may be back. Maybe. Since June of '06, I have been unable
to find any Paton Beehive Baby. It was an excellent yarn for making booties
and caps. Kate T, over on the other side of Mississippi, introduced me to
it. Not only is it wonderful for handling but washed garments look like
new; something that cheaper yarns just can not do. Anyhow. The company
seemed to have disappeared or discontinued the Beehive. Some of my mail
order catalogs have put Beehive back on their pages. I don't know if Paton
sold the name to someone using crawfish whiskers to make it now or it's our
fine old friend. I'm hopeful. Polly

Old September 2nd 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

I've read this twice. Are you 'asking' if any of us know if it's the same?
Or are you asking if any of us have this available in our area....or have
any of the 'older' yarn lying about ...or......

Butterfly (I'm on my 2nd cuppa and no new meds)

Old September 2nd 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

I know, Butterfly, I know. You never can tell if I'm ever going to get to
the point or what it is.
I'm turning into my Mother.
I was announcing to my hooker friends here that Paton Beehive is
available again. We will hope that it is not so new and improved that we
hate it. Polly

Old September 2nd 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

you have hooker friends?
you just get more and more interesting every day, Ms Polly.
)
jeanne

"Polly Esther" wrote...

Old September 2nd 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Thanks for clearing up my muddled brain. Now do you crochet or knit or both.
I used to do both and now once in a Blue Moon will do a bit of crocheting
but not very often. I must finish an afghan that I started 20++ years ago.
..all individual diamonds sewn together. Now that my interest is piqued, I'll
have to pull it out and see how much I have left to go BEFORE I start the 3
white connecting diamonds intersecting the other diamond stars. It'll be
worth it when it's done.

Butterfly (Yes, it IS a quilt design.that that Miz Sandy likes)

Old September 2nd 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Good luck!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old September 2nd 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate T.

Hey Polly

Don't keep me in the dark, where can I find our yarn.

Does you catalogs have websites. Do they have all the colors.
Questions, Questions,

Kate

Old September 2nd 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Easy, Kate. I was surprised to see it in the www.marymaxim.com catalog. On
the search, there are dozens of places; perhaps you've been to
www.herrschners.com It seems like I've even ordered it from Canada before
but that's doing it the hard way. Polly

oups.com...

Old September 3rd 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

http://www.yarnforward.com/beehivebaby.html is my local wool shop and
they do have a US web site for orders. What ply did you want in
particular, Polly? I have literally a bucketload of baby knitting
yarn that needs a good home - from the good ol'days of knitting and
other needleworking. Loads of Astra - most colours, 3ply baby, 2ply
baby, 4ply baby and the list goes on - let me know. jennellh
@gmail.com

On Sep 2, 11:12 am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
My favorite yarn may be back. Maybe. Since June of '06, I have been unable
to find any Paton Beehive Baby. It was an excellent yarn for making booties
and caps. Kate T, over on the other side of Mississippi, introduced me to
it. Not only is it wonderful for handling but washed garments look like
new; something that cheaper yarns just can not do. Anyhow. The company
seemed to have disappeared or discontinued the Beehive. Some of my mail
order catalogs have put Beehive back on their pages. I don't know if Paton
sold the name to someone using crawfish whiskers to make it now or it's our
fine old friend. I'm hopeful. Polly

Did anyone ever knit or crochet with .... Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 21 April 24th 06 01:01 PM
Knit and Crochet Yarn and Accessories Liquidation! [email protected] Marketplace 0 March 30th 06 05:09 AM
Knit out & crochet 2 [email protected] Yarn 0 September 26th 05 10:22 PM
Knit AND Crochet Michael O'Brien Yarn 4 December 29th 03 09:15 AM
Knit and Crochet Carol In WI Yarn 2 November 23rd 03 05:26 PM