Mirjam

Old July 20th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
shan

Default Mirjam

Has anyone heard from Mirjam today?
Old July 20th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

"shan" wrote in message
Has anyone heard from Mirjam today?

There's a very brief note from her on RCTY that was posted very early this
morning, but nothing since then.

Old July 20th 06, 02:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

"shan" wrote in message
Has anyone heard from Mirjam today?

I was just wondering that. The news from there is getting worse ny the
minute. I`m still hoping that she is one of the thousands who have left
Haifa to go to somewhere a bit safer.

Pat P

Old July 20th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

My source in Israel reports "the enemy has crossed into Israel and doing
combat in Kiriat Shimona."

In her part of Israel, the police were stopping every car on the freeway
this morning and checking documents (license, insurance, registration).
Other than that, she assures us that life is going on as usual in TelAviv.

She reminds us that all homes in Israel have a strong-walled "safe room"
that is supposed to provide protection from bombs and therefore, we are
not to worry about her. (Then again, this is someone who was in the
midst of the Rodney King riots, and is a lot more mellow about such
things than those of us who love her.)

--
Karen C - California

Finished 7/4/06 - needlepoint calendar canvas for August
WIP: Getting all the UFOs done, July birthstone, Flowers of
Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!, Farmers Market (TIAG#8)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

See my designs exclusively at www.TyWolfeDesigns.com

Editor/Proofreader http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old July 20th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

I wrote her a note asking that she post something saying she's okay, but so
far no answer. Of course, it's around 4:30 in the morning there so I hope
she's just asleep and dreaming nice dreams.

Lucille

Old July 20th 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
shan

Lucille wrote:
[...]

I just hope that everything is ok with her. she has been in my thoughts
for a couple of days now. Not worrying is easier said than done. I do
not believe that anyone is "safe" from anything in the world we live in.
I am far away from all of what is going on, I am in canada, but I do
think of the people suffering.
Old July 20th 06, 09:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Thursday July 20th 09.31 after a night in the Shelter Mirjam

Good morning and thank you to all the people who sent their good
wishes to me and ours and all other persons in this area.

Things around here are complicated enough, without Somebody like you
Karen trying to spread Unbased Lies. I really don`t know who your
source in Israel is , nore where she lives [If at all she lives here].
The lack of mistaken Geographical facts, show me the writer lacks any
local knowledge, it seems more like somebody using a Tv scale map

Since last Wensday when the North was attacked, over the International
recognized border, a million people sat in closed sheters or safety
rooms . Since Friday a milion and half people sit closed in or limit
their movements outside safe walls.
My source in Israel reports "the enemy has crossed into Israel and doing
combat in Kiriat Shimona."

No such event occured in any time. The only Crossing that went over
Kiryat Shmona ,yesterday were over a 170 missiles and rockets which
landed over more and more places. Killed maimed and ruined.

In her part of Israel,

My part of Israel , as you put it , Is HAIFA , and i think all of you
can now see Haifa in the news. Haifa has been bombarded yesterday with
many rockets.
the police were stopping every car on the freeway
this morning and checking documents (license, insurance, registration).

As far as i remember i have seen Police doing this kind of checking ,
Every where i ever lived , Whether it was Boston USA, Manchester UK,
Brusseles. But Yesterday the Police were looking for a Suicide Bomber
, which thanks to this careful polite checking of documents, was
stopped before killing people.

Other than that, she assures us that life is going on as usual in TelAviv.

Even though our country is small , and Even though the missile`s
ranges can reach Tel Aviv. We are very lucky that people there can
still, enjoy normal every day life.
She reminds us that all homes in Israel have a strong-walled "safe room"
that is supposed to provide protection from bombs and therefore, we are
not to worry about her.

You might ask yourself why we need as a country, spend money on
building protection?.
(Then again, this is someone who was in the
midst of the Rodney King riots,

Who is Rodney King ???????????

and is a lot more mellow about such
things than those of us who love her.)

???????????
mirjam in Bombed Haifa .

Old July 20th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sharon

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
[...]

Glad you gave us a report Mirjam. Stay safe - we're thinking of you
and hoping this misery all ends soon.

Sharon (N.B.

Old July 20th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

Good morning and thank you to all the people who sent their good
wishes to me and ours and all other persons in this area.

Things around here are complicated enough, without Somebody like you
Karen trying to spread Unbased Lies. I really don`t know who your
source in Israel is , nore where she lives

As mentioned later in my post, she lives near Tel Aviv.

I am quite accustomed to being called a liar by you for my own
experiences which are different from yours, but I will not tolerate you
calling my friends liars.

Her native language is English and she moved to Israel after retiring,
so she receives her news from a different source than you do. Perhaps
the Hebrew-language news media were reporting differently than the
English-language media, or perhaps her Israeli-born neighbor's English
translation of what he heard was faulty, or perhaps this really is what
happened and *you* heard it wrongly. I don't know where she got that
particular piece of information.

I have certainly heard it often enough in the US, where all the news
media speak the same language, that one station reports something
entirely different from another station. Just the other day, three
different sources reported three different high temperatures for the day
for the same city.

I can tell you that I have seen reports in the American media of
soldiers crossing the borders, and therefore, did not doubt that what
she told me was accurate. Her career was as a court reporter, which
requires that she take down every word said in court accurately, so she
is used to listening very carefully to what is said, and therefore I
believe she heard exactly what she tells me. As opposed to other
people, who have repeatedly proven themselves incapable of understanding
even what is in writing that they can re-read a dozen times to be sure
they get it right before they respond.

Old July 20th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Brenda Lewis

Karen C - California wrote:
I have certainly heard it often enough in the US, where all the news
media speak the same language, that one station reports something
entirely different from another station. Just the other day, three
different sources reported three different high temperatures for the day
for the same city.

I'd like to point out that in the case of the three high temperatures
all could be correct. Each station may take its own measurements. A
weather station on the roof of the building will give a different
reading than one in the yard of the same building. Think about how much
variance there can be when the stations are a mile apart! It is also
very possible that none of those stations bothered to give the
"official" readings for the city--which usually come from the weather
station located at the airport.

There are also multiple ways to observe the high temperature. One can
use a "maximum thermometer" (like the good old mercury-filled tubes we
used to use to check for fever) which will go up until the temperature
reaches the highest point and then maintain that reading until it is
reset. One can use a thermometer that changes constantly and make
observations periodically (we did this at a construction job site). One
can connect the thermometer to a computer or other data recorder and
have constant monitoring. Obviously the second method is the least
reliable of the three since the high temperature might not occur at
precisely the time the observer is checking.

--
Brenda
Tickler of Chuzzles

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Craftkitten Yarn 7 May 13th 06 08:20 AM
letter from Gemini, special attn: Mirjam norma woods Yarn 0 July 6th 04 07:06 PM
reply to Mirjam Jan Lennie Needlework 42 November 24th 03 07:30 AM
MIRJAM..Thankyou... Cher Yarn 4 November 8th 03 02:40 PM