Amiguruumi

Old January 13th 09, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
pecan[_3_]

Default Amiguruumi

I posted this on the yarn group, but haven't had a response. Is there
anyone here who can help?

Does anyone have any amigurumi patterns they are willing to share? I'm
looking for some that come out the size a thumb, or smaller, if that's
possible. I did see one some time ago, and it wasn't even on a knitting
site, and didn't have a pattern!

Catherine
Old January 13th 09, 08:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

pecan wrote:
I posted this on the yarn group, but haven't had a response. Is there
anyone here who can help?

Does anyone have any amigurumi patterns they are willing to share? I'm
looking for some that come out the size a thumb, or smaller, if that's
possible. I did see one some time ago, and it wasn't even on a knitting
site, and didn't have a pattern!

Catherine

I did a Google for "amigurumi pattern" and got over 11,000 hits. A quick
glance showed that several sites had free patterns for downloading.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
Old January 14th 09, 12:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
pecan[_3_]

Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply) wrote:
pecan wrote:
I posted this on the yarn group, but haven't had a response. Is there
anyone here who can help?

Does anyone have any amigurumi patterns they are willing to share?
I'm looking for some that come out the size a thumb, or smaller, if
that's possible. I did see one some time ago, and it wasn't even on a
knitting site, and didn't have a pattern!

Catherine

I did a Google for "amigurumi pattern" and got over 11,000 hits. A quick
glance showed that several sites had free patterns for downloading.

Bruce, i did do extensive google searches, but people differ on what
they think it is. I spent hours browsing the sites, and got patterns
for teddy bears, and many many larger toys. the FEW actual patterns I
found were not very appealing, hence my request here.

I'll google again, using different keywords, and see if something else
comes up.

Catherine
Old January 14th 09, 12:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
pecan[_3_]

pecan wrote:
I posted this on the yarn group, but haven't had a response. Is there
anyone here who can help?

Does anyone have any amigurumi patterns they are willing to share?
I'm looking for some that come out the size a thumb, or smaller, if
that's possible. I did see one some time ago, and it wasn't even on a
knitting site, and didn't have a pattern!

Catherine

I did a Google for "amigurumi pattern" and got over 11,000 hits. A quick
glance showed that several sites had free patterns for downloading.

I've just remembered why it was more difficult - I specifically am
looking for knitted ones.
I don't crochet... so, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Catherine
Old January 14th 09, 12:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

pecan wrote:
I posted this on the yarn group, but haven't had a response. Is
there anyone here who can help?

Does anyone have any amigurumi patterns they are willing to share?
I'm looking for some that come out the size a thumb, or smaller, if
that's possible. I did see one some time ago, and it wasn't even on a
knitting site, and didn't have a pattern!

Catherine

I did a Google for "amigurumi pattern" and got over 11,000 hits. A
quick glance showed that several sites had free patterns for downloading.

I've just remembered why it was more difficult - I specifically am
looking for knitted ones.
I don't crochet... so, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Catherine

I must confess that I Googled for amigurumi because I hadn't a clue what
it was!
Old January 14th 09, 02:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Blossom

On Jan 13, 2:36*pm, pecan wrote:
I posted this on the yarn group, but haven't had a response. *Is there
anyone here who can help?

Does anyone have any amigurumi patterns they are willing to share? *I'm
looking for some that come out the size a thumb, or smaller, if that's
possible. I did see one some time ago, and it wasn't even on a knitting
site, and didn't have a pattern!

Catherine

Have you checked the Lion Brand Yarn website? They have quite a few
amiguruumi patterns -- while they don't tend to be tiny -- I suspect
that if you knitted them with fine (or very fine or even DMC) yarn on
teeny knitting needles they might be small enough.

http://www.lionbrand.com/
use "amigurumi" for your search term

Blossom
Old January 14th 09, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
pecan[_3_]

Blossom wrote:
On Jan 13, 2:36 pm, pecan wrote:
I posted this on the yarn group, but haven't had a response. Is there
anyone here who can help?

Does anyone have any amigurumi patterns they are willing to share? I'm
looking for some that come out the size a thumb, or smaller, if that's
possible. I did see one some time ago, and it wasn't even on a knitting
site, and didn't have a pattern!

Catherine

Have you checked the Lion Brand Yarn website? They have quite a few
amiguruumi patterns -- while they don't tend to be tiny -- I suspect
that if you knitted them with fine (or very fine or even DMC) yarn on
teeny knitting needles they might be small enough.

http://www.lionbrand.com/
use "amigurumi" for your search term

Blossom

Yes, thanks, I did look at that site.
the only thing that caught my attention was the dog, which was cute, but
I don't know how big they turn out.

Catherine
Old January 14th 09, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
pecan[_3_]

pecan wrote:
[...]

Cute, aren't they? I can't remember where i first heard about them, but
it was ONE of my newsgroups.

I've uploaded a picture to my website, of the picture that inspired me
to actually make one. This picture was sent to me by a friend - it was
not on a knitting site, and all she did was send the picture, and
doesn't know where she got it from - somewhere on the 'net. If anyone
knows anything about it I can maybe find out who made it and where to
get the pattern:
http://www.africanbush.co.za/Private/monkey.jpg

I stress I am not trying to pirate someone's picture, or hijack
anything, just want more info and then i'll remove the picture.

Catherine
Old January 16th 09, 05:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Edna

pecan wrote:
[...]

Your friends monkey has been crocheted, not knitted. I have crocheted
several amigurumi animals in the past and while the crochet patterns are
plentiful it is
difficult to find a pattern for knitted amigurumi however I found one for
you, not a monkey!

http://knittedtoybox.blogspot.com/20...ny-turtle.html

Edna

Old January 16th 09, 10:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
pecan[_3_]

pecan wrote:
[...]

That is very cute, thanks a lot.

I did realise it was crocheted, but went searching for eqivalent knitted
patterns - now I think I must just bite the bullet and do crochet
instead. Someone else emailed me privately with the site of the
original work:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pasubio9/2290188025/

Catherine