quilting with cheese

Old July 12th 10, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo Gibson[_2_]

Default quilting with cheese

I think it must depend on the location i.e., turnover of ingredients.
There's a little out of the way Subway in a small town near us where
we stopped for lunch one day about four years ago. It was lunch time
and we were the only ones in the place, that should have been the
first clue. We were served by a young woman who gave us the impression
we were disturbing her paperback Harlequin Romance.
We got our sandwiches to go and stopped at a little roadside park a
short distance away to sit in the shade and have lunch.
We opened the wrapper to discover a somewhat stale roll, very stale,
refrigerator-tasting lettuce and bland cold cuts.
Most of the sandwiches went in the trash and Subway now resides with
McDonalds, BurgerKing, Harvey's and KFC in our "resolved to forever
avoid" list. If we ever get back to the US, Denny's is definitely on
the list.

Gerry

Well I fell in love with Subway when I was pregnant, and Mark and I used
to quickly eat Subway sandwiches before we went to our Tuesday evening
antenatal classes, in cold dark November and December. When I was about
7 months pregnant, I could eat a footlong sandwich and *still* feel
peckish afterwards.... then my organs all became far too smashed for me
to eat a full meal. I have since had a Subway sandwich (it has to be
Spicy Italian) and it is nice, but not quite the same. The magic is
gone. The same thing happened with strawberries. When I was finally
able to eat food again, in the 4th month of the pregnancy, I ate
hundreds, probably thousands of strawberries. I used to go to the
pick-your-own at lunchtime and pick strawberries for rumtopf and jam but
also to keep the baby happy. I'm sure he was basting in strawberry
juice at this time. I tried one or two when we went strawberry picking
last week and it just wasn't the same..... though he was a super baby
and played in his pram while I picked 7 buckets full!

-- Jo in Scotland