I lose! =D

Old July 12th 10, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

Default I lose! =D

I recently de-stashed, and it feels wonderful to have that done!
First, I made some "rag quilts", with 6" blocks and 1" fringes. For
fabric for the rag quilts I used only fabric from my stash --
relatively small amounts, plus some larger pieces that friends have
given me that I knew I would never use, and a couple of larger pieces
I had purchased god-only-knows-why. I also used up batting that I had
bought, tried, and found I hate for handquilting. I even used up some
thread I knew I would never use, so the cost of each quilt was ZERO.
The rag quilts (3 of them) really made a HUGE dent in the stash.

While I was working on those rag quilts, I set all the scraps from
those aside. When the rag quilts were finished, I took the pile of
small scraps to the ironing board, ironed them all, and threw out any
that were not at least 3" at the smallest measurement. When that was
all finished, I took those newly-ironed small scraps, plus scraps from
the stash that weren't large enough for the rag quilts, and the
godawful donations from other people and the things I had purchased
who-knows-why, and folded them and piled them into bundles of
miscellaneous scraps, which wound up being about 3" wide and about 8"
long and about 4" thick. I mixed up the colors rather than sort them
into families. I tied each bundle with scraps of ribbon like nice
little packages. Then I made and attached little labels for each
bundle saying "Quilt Fabric Scraps -- 100% cotton -- washed" and
donated all of those little bundles to the church garage sale, where
they sold like hotcakes! The fabrics got new homes, quilters got
bargains, the church got the money, and I got rid of stuff I knew I
would NEVER use.

I lose! =D Sartorresartus Quilting 25 July 14th 10 11:26 PM
OT Here is a fella that needs to lose his license! NightMist Quilting 3 February 2nd 08 03:58 AM
Nothing to lose, right? Terri Quilting 13 August 9th 07 04:53 PM
both ON and OFF topic- for anyone who wants to lose weight and winfabric David & Barbara Schmidt Quilting 0 December 30th 03 03:56 PM