sad news

Old July 9th 10, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
off kilter [email protected]

Default sad news

I wanted to post this, since so many members of this group lovingly
contributed to the family HUGS. A few years ago, we lost our dog
Deanna, due to seizures. We got Brady because the children and I
couldn't live without a dog in our lives. Deanna came to the family
after we had lost one of our cats to kidney disease. Well, now we've
had Brady for 2 years and the doc was worried about a lump - that
turned out to be fatty tissue that was breaking down. Today we took
the remaining 2 cats in for their checkups and distemper shots.
Nugget, hubby's cat, had lost almost half his body weight, so they
wanted to do blood work. No problem, told them to go ahead. The doc
also heard a heart murmur. Blood work came back and Nugget is in the
beginning stages of kidney disease.

I called hubby at work (actually reached a coworker and had him get a
message to hubby who was in a meeting). Hubby has decided that
prolonging Nugget's life would be more mean than anything because of
the other issues that are going on with him. We will be "talking"
about it tonight, but the end result is that we will be putting Nugget
to sleep....it's going to kill the kids and I don't think that hubby
will be on board with getting a kitten (even though both kids REALLY
want a kitten). It's not to replace Nugget, but more to try and fill
the cat-shaped hole that will be left.

Shadow is still fine and dandy, though he's not happy about getting a
shot today....

I'm beginning to think that we should just not have ANY pets (oh, and
DS has suffered numerous fish losses in the past few weeks....no clue
as to the cause as they were all doing fine, but he's now down 1 one
bottom feeder and 4 tetras...he's not happy about that at all).

Larisa, needing to play with fabric to distract myself
Old July 9th 10, 06:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

So sorry about your kitty.
Barbara in SC

Old July 9th 10, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

On Jul 9, 11:04*am, "off kilter "
wrote:

I don't think that hubby
will be on board with getting a kitten (even though both kids REALLY
want a kitten). *

Why is that?

Doc
Old July 10th 10, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
off kilter [email protected]

On Jul 9, 5:00*pm, "Dr. Zachary Smith"
wrote:
On Jul 9, 11:04*am, "off kilter "

wrote:
I don't think that hubby
will be on board with getting a kitten (even though both kids REALLY
want a kitten). *

Why is that?

Doc

he doesn't want to have another animal to take care of. However, he's
already given in...said that they could take a look after next payday
(sigh). I think the fact that both were crying might have gotten to
him, plus he told them that if MOM could convince him, he'd let them
have one....so I told them that SPCA had a special - instead of $90
adoption fee, it was only $35 for kittens 6 months and younger.....we
shall see how this goes...they are already bouncing around ideas for
names
Old July 10th 10, 03:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

We love them so much and have to let them go ..... I know the
children's hearts break (and ours too), but I have come to believe
that dealing with the death of pets when we are young prepares us for
the other losses that inevitably come with life. They learn to be
tender, to love fiercely and to grieve when need be. And then to open
their hearts to new love. It's hard, but hard isn't bad. And love is
never a useless risk.

Hugs to all of you,
Sunny
Old July 10th 10, 05:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Isn't that the truth. A bit ago I found a bone that only could have been
from my dear departed pooch Lea.
It was buried and surfaced under some long ago placed stones. I sat and
cried and missed her but you know for all the pain in the losing of her I
wouldn't have traded all
the joy she brought us. DH here didn't want other dogs after that loss but
I am willing to risk for the Joy. I understand Larissa's dh being hesitant.
I think a little time to process the loss helps moving forward a bit easier.
I have been feeding one of our cats special food for signs of very early
kidney issues. Is that and/or medication something that could help? I'm so
sorry. This stuff is very tough. : (
Taria

Old July 10th 10, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 10:04:25 -0500, off kilter wrote
(in article
):

[...]

((HUGS))

Maureen

Sad, sad news Sandy E Quilting 25 July 12th 09 10:34 PM
Sad news Debi Matlack Quilting 1 June 19th 06 02:12 AM
ot sad news Taria Quilting 21 March 2nd 06 02:39 AM
Off Topic Sad-sad-sad news abt. Cpt.Kangaroo Ellison Quilting 20 February 4th 04 05:24 AM
Sad news Pati Cook Quilting 3 November 25th 03 02:51 AM