Wanted--Pattern for V-Neck Top-Down Cardigan

Old October 17th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
patetc

Default Wanted--Pattern for V-Neck Top-Down Cardigan

I'd like an easy pattern for a v-neck top-down cardigan, knit in one
piece if possible. I also want to use size 10-1/2 needles and worsted
weight yarn.

Can anyone direct me to a pattern for this?

Thanks.

Pat
Old October 18th 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee[_2_]

patetc wrote:
I'd like an easy pattern for a v-neck top-down cardigan, knit in one
piece if possible. I also want to use size 10-1/2 needles and worsted
weight yarn.

Can anyone direct me to a pattern for this?

Thanks.

Pat

If you don't mind a raglan, there's pattern generators available at
www.knittingfool.com and thedietdiary.com/blog To make a V neck, you'd
only allocate one st for each front and increase along the edges every
other or every 4th row, depending on how deep a v you want.

sue
Old October 18th 08, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
patetc

The website and pattern generator looks good but I could only get a
pattern for a pullover, not a v-neck cardigan. Maybe I was looking at
the wrong thing.

Pat

Old October 18th 08, 02:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee[_2_]

patetc wrote:
The website and pattern generator looks good but I could only get a
pattern for a pullover, not a v-neck cardigan. Maybe I was looking at
the wrong thing.

No that's the right site. The basic pattern is for a pullover, but you
can make a V neck cardigan with the same basic directions. The only
difference is you wouldn't join the neck sts and would subtract the
front sts to only allow 1 st for each front. Here's the directions for a
bolero type sweater, all you need to do is keep knitting the sleeves and
body until the length you want -
http://www.thedietdiary.com/knitting...iniRaglan.html
There's another tutorial here -
http://www.knittingpureandsimple.com/knitalong.html that explains the
basic construction. In this one you wouldn't cast on sts for the front
neck, but instead would do the increases along the front edge.

sue

Old October 18th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
patetc

Thanks for the suggestions. You've been very helpful. I think I can
proceed now!

Pat

body until the length you want -http://www.thedietdiary.com/knittingfiend/Raglan/TopDownMiniRaglan.html

On Oct 17, 10:38 pm, suzee wrote:
patetc wrote:
I'd like an easy pattern for a v-neck top-down cardigan, knit in one
piece if possible. *I also want to use size 10-1/2 needles and worsted
weight yarn.
Can anyone direct me to a pattern for this?
Thanks.
Pat
If you don't mind a raglan, there's pattern generators available atwww..knittingfool.comandthedietdiary.com/blog To make a V neck, you'd
only allocate one st for each front and increase along the edges every
other or every 4th row, depending on how deep a v you want.

sue- Hide quoted text -

Old October 18th 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee[_2_]

patetc spun a FINE 'yarn':

+
+Can anyone direct me to a pattern for this?
+
+Thanks.
+
+Pat
end quoted

patetc. . .
Pat
Suzie has given you great advice, let me add that acquiring any of Elizabeth Zimmermann's books would also assist you enormously.

Or Barbara Walker's Knitting from the Top Down. That one's harder to
find, but any of them can usually be got from your local library. On
loan from another if your branch doesn't have it.

sue
Old October 18th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee[_2_]

suzee wrote:
YarnWright wrote:
patetc spun a FINE 'yarn':

+I'd like an easy pattern for a v-neck top-down cardigan, knit in one
+piece if possible. I also want to use size 10-1/2 needles and worsted
+weight yarn.
+
+Can anyone direct me to a pattern for this?
+
+Thanks.
+
+Pat
end quoted

patetc. . .
Pat
Suzie has given you great advice, let me add that acquiring any of Elizabeth Zimmermann's books would also assist you enormously.

Or Barbara Walker's Knitting from the Top Down. That one's harder to
find, but any of them can usually be got from your local library. On
loan from another if your branch doesn't have it.

Oh, and the book Fitted Knits, by Stefanie Japel has top down patterns,
including a few cardigans.

sue
Old October 20th 08, 12:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
patetc

You just jogged my memory. I have a book on top-down raglans from
Spinnerin! It was one of the first knitting books I ever bought and I
made several sweaters from it. Now, if I can just find it!!!

Pat

On Oct 19, 7:00*pm, "YarnWright" wrote:
YarnWright spun a FINE 'yarn':

+suzee spun a FINE 'yarn':
+++suzee wrote:
+++YarnWright wrote:

++++patetc spun a FINE 'yarn':
++++
+++I'd like an easy pattern for a v-neck top-down cardigan, knit in one
+++piece if possible. *I also want to use size 10-1/2 needles and worsted
+++weight yarn.
+++
+++Can anyone direct me to a pattern for this?
+++
+++Thanks.
+++
+++Pat
++++end quoted
++++
++++patetc. . .
++++Pat
++++Suzie has given you great advice, let me add that acquiring any of Elizabeth Zimmermann's books would also assist you enormously.
+++
+++Or Barbara Walker's Knitting from the Top Down. That one's harder to *find, but any of them can usually be got from your local library. On *loan from another if your branch doesn't have it.
++
++Oh, and the book Fitted Knits, by Stefanie Japel has top down patterns, including a few cardigans.
++
++sue
+end quoted
+
+suzee. . .
+
+Hi, Sue!
+There was a whole circular movement in the late 60's early 70's, magazines devoted to just circular... I have some, but do you think my tired old brain can think of the NAME of them? *I even got some from our "Wooly/Slinky"...
+I have them in STORAGE, and while my brain is tired, my body just doesn't want to go there... LOL
+Noreen
+
+PS, I THINK Meg Swansen (EZ's daughter) has some books on the subject too, if I'm not mistaken....
+(Once I thought I was mistaken, but I was wrong... )

Something on the order of Spindrift maybe???
Today is NOT a 'thinking" kind of day...
Noreen

--http://www.paradisefibers.net/KA-Classic-Bamboo-Circular-Knitting-Nee....

"What hurts *you* so bad that you feel you have to hurt *me* in order to heal it?" fave quote of the year....

"Thoughts become things, choose the *good* ones" fave quote of my lifetime...

Don't vote Republican, the identity you save may be your own!!! truism @ it's FINEST.

Old October 20th 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
shannon

On Oct 20, 10:43 am, "YarnWright" wrote:
patetc spun a FINE 'yarn':

+You just jogged my memory. I have a book on top-down raglans from
+Spinnerin! It was one of the first knitting books I ever bought and I
+made several sweaters from it. Now, if I can just find it!!!
+
+Pat

patetc. .
Pat,
That's IT, Pat, Spinnerin!
Thank YOU for jogging MY poor memory! Good luck in locating it/them, mine are in storage.....
Noreen

--http://www.paradisefibers.net/KA-Classic-Bamboo-Circular-Knitting-Nee...

"What hurts *you* so bad that you feel you have to hurt *me* in order to heal it?" fave quote of the year....

"Thoughts become things, choose the *good* ones" fave quote of my lifetime...

Don't vote Republican, the identity you save may be your own!!! truism @ it's FINEST.

Knitting Pure & Simple has a pattern for a v-neck top down cardigan.
I really enjoy her patterns, as I am not a fan of seaming.

-Shannon
http://www.easyknittingpatterns.net
Old October 29th 08, 04:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Oct 20, 6:06*pm, shannon wrote:
[...]

-Shannonhttp://www.easyknittingpatterns.net- Hide quoted text -

I now strated a v neck top to bottom sweater for a friend ,,
mirjam

Looking for mens cardigan pattern. Daniel Yarn 13 February 26th 05 02:25 AM
Looking for a hooded cardigan pattern Elaine Yarn 12 November 13th 04 06:26 AM
Looking for a hooded cardigan pattern Elaine Yarn 0 November 11th 04 12:35 AM
Best Cardigan Pattern Lea Yarn 1 October 3rd 04 10:09 PM
Pattern for one piece Cardigan Michaela Yarn 9 June 8th 04 11:43 PM