Pattern ideas for a lace knit scarf

Old November 3rd 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Linda D.

Default Pattern ideas for a lace knit scarf

I wondered if anyone had any wonderful ideas for a pattern for a lace
knit scarf.

I recently purchased some lace weight 100% merino wool in a beautiful
teal colour
http://www.skacelknitting.com/s.nl/s...egory.11883/.f

I was going to knit this scarf
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTbranchingout.html
but it turns out too narrow.

My thought now is to just knit a simple ripple pattern, make it fairly
wide, and I can wrap it a couple of times around my neck to give a
soft, colourful look to my denim blazer.

Any other good ideas?

thanks, Linda D. in B.C., Canada
Old November 3rd 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

Hi Linda!
It is a long time since I visited RCTY, but some of you here will/may
remember me ;-)
Here are some links, may be you'll find something you can use, at least
be inspired of (I am afraid there are so many links here, that you'll be
tired just to think about open them, but GOOD LUCK!)
AUD ;-)

http://entill.typepad.com/photos/klart06/est1.html

http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=258024

http://www.knitting-crochet.com/crochet/lilacsha.html

http://www.heirloom-knitting.co.uk/free_pattern.html

http://www.wolfandturtle.net/Yarnpat...ls%20Scarf.pdf

http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/adia/adia.pdf

This is a link to a PDF Download file:
http://www.box.net/shared/egf2uc1jn6
And here is a link if you want to SEE the scarf BEFORE downloading:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_toXtD6Ftxk...+Scarf+2+6.jpg

http://www.arlenes-lace.de/pages/anl...patterns....2/

http://straw.com/cpy/patterns/scarve...ace-scarf.html

http://www.berroco.com/181/181_michaela.html

http://www.classiceliteyarns.com/Web.../2/Issue2.html

Old November 4th 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Nov 3, 10:28*pm, "Aud" wrote:
Hi Linda!

Hallo AUD !!! Big smile , as always you have plenty of nice ideas ,,
Hallo Linda
when i don`t know which lace to do ,.,, i make the
row one k4 ,* k2 together, yarn on needle . repeat from * end with
k3
row 2, 4 6 etc knit only
row three , k3* k2 together, yarn on needle , * repeat from * , end
with k4

You can also split the rows and knit half of it with
slip st ., k2 toget slip the unknit one over the 2 together ,, instead
of just knit together this turns the way the decreases look ...
mirjam
Old November 4th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
LauraJ[_2_]

Hi Aud!!! It is so good to see you! I hope you will be sticking around
What have you been up to lately?

Cheers,
LauraJ

Old November 4th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Linda D.

http://www.wolfandturtle.net/Yarnpat...20and%20Shells...

And here is a link if you want to SEE the scarf BEFORE downloading:http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_toXtD6Ftxk...AAAEzc/JzHWc87...

http://www.arlenes-lace.de/pages/anl...patterns....2/

http://straw.com/cpy/patterns/scarve...ace-scarf.html

http://www.berroco.com/181/181_michaela.html

http://www.classiceliteyarns.com/Web.../2/Issue2.html

Hi Aud,

Thank you so much for the links. There are some gorgeous scarves
included, and I am sure I will be able to choose a pattern. I have a
funny feeling I may end up purchasing an alpaca & silk blend that I
saw in a local shop, and use the teal lace weight for a simple
pattern. The lace weight is so fine, and is much finer than I am used
to working with, but the alpaca & silk blend is a little heavier than
the lace weight, but lighter than a sock weight.

Many thanks, Linda D. in B.C., Canada
Old November 4th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Linda D.

On Nov 3, 8:16*pm, wrote:
On Nov 3, 10:28*pm, "Aud" wrote:

Hi Linda!

Hallo AUD !!! Big smile , as always you have plenty of nice ideas ,,
Hallo Linda
when i don`t know which lace to do ,.,, i make the
row one k4 ,* k2 together, yarn on needle . repeat from * *end with
k3
row 2, 4 6 etc knit only
row three , k3* k2 together, yarn on needle , * repeat from * , end
with k4

You can also split the rows and knit half of it with
slip st ., k2 toget slip the unknit one over the 2 together ,, instead
of just knit together this turns the way the decreases look ...
mirjam

Thanks for the suggestion Mirjam.

take care, Linda D. in B.C., Canada

Finished object: lace and bead scarf Vintage Purls Yarn 4 September 24th 07 09:11 AM
Lace Scarf Pattern Vintage Purls Yarn 14 December 23rd 06 02:44 AM
Scarf Knit On The Bias? Brian D Yarn 5 October 9th 04 11:33 PM
Newbie question for a machine knit lace pattern... Diamanda_of_Lancre Machine Knit 4 April 9th 04 10:29 AM
Newbie question for a machine knit lace pattern... Diamanda_of_Lancre Yarn 4 April 9th 04 10:29 AM