What would you make with Sugar'n Cream?

Old April 11th 06, 05:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default What would you make with Sugar'n Cream?

We have stone floors , good for summer , thus in winter i have several
carpets in summer i roll most up ...
mirjam

When we first moved into this house a year and a half ago I hated that
it was all hardwood. It felt so un-homey. But when I saw how fun and
easy it is to clean hardwood I fell in love. I don't know if I'll ever
want carpet again!
Pamjam

norabalcer wrote:

Shel,

You made my day too. I had hardwood floors thoughtout the house and
love my swiffer, now I have a use for the cotton yarn, thanks so much
for the pattern.

Hugs,

Nora

Old April 11th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

LOL

Yeah, this was just another of those purchases I made when I first learned
to knit since it seemed like a good deal and I didn't know anything about
yarn!

"Wooly" wrote in message
I'd try to make a swap

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...

Old April 11th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

She is great! Though I hear she is starting to wake up from her nap so I
better go!

Thanks for all the comments everyone! Sorry I don't have the time to reply
to everyone individually...

LauraJ

"norabalcer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Laura,

I've made quite a few doilies with it, but I love the swiffer idea, may
have to make one as I have two big cones of the stuff left.

Good to see you posting again, how's the little one?

Hugs,

Nora

Old April 11th 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

We totally understand, Laura!
A lot of times I also will do a group thanks, and I'm not the only one, so
you're not either!
Give that little one a hug and kiss from rcty 'auntie' Noreen!
LOL
Hugs,
Noreen

--
change n e t to c o m to email/reply to me.

Old April 12th 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

This reminds me ,,i am now slowly going through my threads , old
threads a ball here a spool there are here and there ,,,, once i
finish this weave on the loom i want to make some wild work , thusw
all the oldies will come in handy,,,, i also hope to give away all the
man made threads Left overs , as i never will use them [ weaving with
gloves almost possible , knitting NO way .... ] but i am working even
one hour on days when i can`t and it grows and becaomes the work i
hoped it will become ,,, The next one is collected into a basket and i
am looking forward to make that other one ...
mirjam

LOL

Yeah, this was just another of those purchases I made when I first learned
to knit since it seemed like a good deal and I didn't know anything about
yarn!

"Wooly" wrote in message
.. .
I'd try to make a swap

+++++++++++++

Old April 12th 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
We have stone floors , good for summer , thus in winter i have several
carpets in summer i roll most up ...
mirjam

I would love to get rid of the carpet in the living room and bedroom, and
eventually I will. Both DH & I have many allergies, and AFAIC - carpets are
just dust and dirt catchers - especially wall to wall. At least with an
area rug you can take it outside and beat it, or easily get rid of it.
(cough, choke, hack)

Shelagh

Old April 12th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Stone floors? I'm trying to imagine that. Like in a castle? That's
neat. Now I want stone floors! How do you clean them? Can you mop
them? Aren't the stone floors hard on your feet? Can I come to your
house and look at your floors?
Pamjam

Old April 12th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Pam, you are SO funny!
I'm imagining you firing up your broom to fly over to Mirjam's!
Hugs,
Noreen
--
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us
http://noreensknitche.com
http://yarnwright.com

Old April 13th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Shaelagh , 3 of the carpets are old , 1 we got when married , from My
Husband Grandparents, 2 are like a 100 + years old. They are a bit
worn but do their jobs, They are easy to shake , vacum and every
several years go to the cleaners , I also clean them with Viniger.
In other parts of the house i have rag rugs , Home mades by me and
Bought ones , THIS ARE GREAT ,, you can shake them , use both sides ,
AND WASH IN YOUR WASHING MACHINE !!!!!!

Old April 13th 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In Israel most house have Tiles that are made of Ground stones with
some sort of Cement. There are a variety of colors . We chose the more
`traditional` ones that look like "Quaker Porridge" , which is easy to
match , restful to the eye and doesn`t show every drop of water. In
the Living room they are tiles of 30 x 30 cm , and in the other rooms
20 x 20 cm , very easy when you want to measure threads or such !!!!

Stone floors? I'm trying to imagine that. Like in a castle? That's
neat. Now I want stone floors! How do you clean them?

You use a Broom to collect the dust, and than you wash them with a
special floor cloth! i know this is a local thing , when ever
Israelies travel abroad they take some of those floor cloths with
them. thay are very porous and soak up all wetness and i keep several
and when they are dirty i wash them as one big load in the machine .
Can you mop them?

Mop we actually WASH floors...
Aren't the stone floors hard on your feet?

they are very nice to have in our mostly warm climate ..
Can I come to your
house and look at your floors?

You are Welcome to come
mirjam