Crafting Buddies!

Old February 28th 17, 11:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Crafting Buddies!

My name is Angie, I live in Suffolk VA. I love doing plastic canvas, There are some areas of the craft I am learning but getting the hang of it thanks to youtube....lol. I am also trying to start selling ...but neeed guideance in that area as well. I am comfortable traveling in the area of Suffolk, VA ....if interested, please email me at thank you
Old February 28th 17, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Violet Stitches

The post from Cheryl E was from 1995...I doubt her list is still accurate. However we can make a new list on this thread!

I'm Violet and live in Rochester, MN. I started my own stitchy forum in hopes to meet other stitchers in my area, but there has been no interest. This is likely because there's no needlework shop withing 150 miles of here (boo hoo). If anyone ever wants to get together and stitch with me you can contact me on this forum, or go to the one I created. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/semns
Old March 1st 17, 04:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx the Minx

Violet Stitches wrote:
The post from Cheryl E was from 1995...I doubt her list is still
accurate. However we can make a new list on this thread!

I'm Violet and live in Rochester, MN. I started my own stitchy forum in
hopes to meet other stitchers in my area, but there has been no interest.
This is likely because there's no needlework shop withing 150 miles of
here (boo hoo). If anyone ever wants to get together and stitch with me
you can contact me on this forum, or go to the one I created.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/semns

There's always Stitchville in Minnetonka--a mere 90 mikes away! :-)

--
jinx the minx
Old March 1st 17, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 2/28/2017 9:34 PM, jinx the minx wrote:

There's always Stitchville in Minnetonka--a mere 90 mikes away! :-)

*That's* the name of it!!! I was trying to think of it when reading
Violet's message.

Thanks, Jinx!

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old March 1st 17, 08:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Violet Stitches

There's always Stitchville in Minnetonka--a mere 90 mikes away! :-)

--
jinx the minx

I just learned about Stitchville, USA in Minnetonka...someone on flosstube filmed a video there. It looks like and awesome shopo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9QFSCSxCt8

Unfortunately driving to Minnetonka can take up to a 3 hours from here when the horrible traffic of Minneapolis is figured in. It's not a drive I can make with my particular disability. Possibly though, my husband might be convinced to take me there for my birthday in May.
Old March 2nd 17, 04:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx the Minx

Joan Erickson wrote:
On 2/28/2017 9:34 PM, jinx the minx wrote:

There's always Stitchville in Minnetonka--a mere 90 mikes away! :-)

*That's* the name of it!!! I was trying to think of it when reading
Violet's message.

Thanks, Jinx!

I haven't been there in awhile--I may have to put it in my agenda. When I
was in Florida on vacation I stopped at my LNS there and my daughter picked
out a pretty beaded mermaid pattern. The shop did not have all the seed
beads I needed, so I guess I have an excuse to go!

--
jinx the minx
Old March 2nd 17, 04:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx the Minx

Violet Stitches wrote:

There's always Stitchville in Minnetonka--a mere 90 mikes away! :-)

--
jinx the minx

I just learned about Stitchville, USA in Minnetonka...someone on
flosstube filmed a video there. It looks like and awesome shopo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9QFSCSxCt8

Unfortunately driving to Minnetonka can take up to a 3 hours from here
when the horrible traffic of Minneapolis is figured in. It's not a drive
I can make with my particular disability. Possibly though, my husband
might be convinced to take me there for my birthday in May.

I would say plan to arrive not before 11 am, and leave no later than 2pm.
You should be safe in between! I think I mentioned Stitchville here a
couple weeks ago--I'm in Burnsville.

--
jinx the minx
Old March 2nd 17, 02:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Violet Stitches

I would say plan to arrive not before 11 am, and leave no later than 2pm.
You should be safe in between! I think I mentioned Stitchville here a
couple weeks ago--I'm in Burnsville.

--
jinx the minx

I guess expected Stitchville to be a small LNS and didn't realize how huge it was until I saw that video a couple days ago. My goodness, I nearly had heart palpitations seeing so much stitchy stuff in one spot! All those beautiful fabrics to touch and feel, the patterns, and the threads...it's my version of HEAVEN!!

We can only go up there on Saturdays as my husband works during the week, and the drive from Rochester to Mpls on weekends is excruciating no matter how you time it. It's been much worse in the last 5 years than it's ever been before...seriously, Hwy 52 is like 494 at rush hour the entire way. At one point there were discussions about putting in a high speed rail between our cities, but I believe there were cash flow problems on Rochester's end. Too bad, but perhaps the idea will resurrect at some point.

Old March 3rd 17, 12:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx the Minx

Violet Stitches wrote:

[...]

I know the route all too well! My parents and extended family are all in
and around Rochester still, so I'm driving 52 all the time. I always
thought the rail was a great idea so I hope it happens someday.
Stitchville moved locations some years ago. I'm not too fond of their new
location because it's in a busier part of the Cities and a little more
complicated to get to. It's definitely worth the trip though. Their
website is www.stitchville.com.

--
jinx the minx
Old March 3rd 17, 02:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy Spera

On 3/2/2017 6:01 PM, jinx the minx wrote:
Violet Stitches wrote:

[...]

I'm so jealous. Even to be a few hours away. Nothing left here in
SW PA. Not that my stash needs any enhancing.

Nancy

you know you have real quilt buddies... Queen of Squishies Quilting 9 July 30th 05 04:07 PM
OT Hey, buddies Dr. Sooz Beads 21 April 30th 04 09:18 PM
Sewing buddies in London laurie Sewing 0 August 9th 03 05:16 PM
OT - To My Hockey Mom Buddies xray_momma Needlework 1 August 6th 03 12:08 AM