OT had to share this one

Old September 2nd 10, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nana.Wilson

Default OT had to share this one

Thanks Polly!! Great chuckle! Thanks for posting. It is wonderful in this
time of crisis in the Gulf. We need all of the laughter relief that we can
get..

Nana

"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message
Just the laugh I needed on this rainy morning. Susan

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 21:30:53 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

Down in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana, Boudreaux gets a job with BP helping
with the oil spill cleanup. He reports for work and is told to speak to a
supervisor about his assignment.
He finds the man and asks, "What it is I supposed to do?"
The supervisor tells him to go to the animal shelter and clean the
pelicans.
Two hours later, Boudreaux comes up to the supervisor and says, "Okay.dey
all cleaned. You want me to cook some rice?"

Polly

Old September 2nd 10, 03:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Well, there's another one.
Boudreaux quit drinking, took a bath, quit chasing women, quit his poker
games and laying around.
Suddenly he was cutting the grass around the church; even painted it and
was faithful to be first to attend on Sundays.
Father asked him what brought about the wonderful change that had come
over him.
Boudreaux explained, " I heard Crisis in the Gulf and if He's this close
I want to be ready". Polly

Old September 2nd 10, 04:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Gosh Donna, Nobody here made fun of you. This tragedy isn't yours or mine.
I'm sorry things have been so bad for you. I suspect that many many folks
here have had a world of pain in this life. I'm glad your faith carries
you. My God probably has a different sense of homor than yours does. That
isn't an insult, or making fun, it just is what it is. No more no less. I
hope there is some brightness for you to come.
Hugs, Taria

"Irondale" wrote in message
I'm confused as to why you would need a spew
warning if it isn't funny to you? Thank goodness folks can keep a sense
of humor in the midst of tragedy.
It is a survival mode. Clearly, we all see things from
a different vantage point here. We are a diverse
group, I suppose with each of us getting our toes
stepped on occasionally.
Taria

Sense of humor in the midst of a tragedy. Taria, you do not know my
life and the tragedy's that I have survived. Getting my toes stepped
on has led to bigger, very painful tragedy's. Spew means vomit. What's
funny about that?

You don't know how hard I've tried to find that sense of humor amoungst
the hell I have been living. I just don't share my crap here on this
list. But that doesn't mean I haven't been hurt in a big time way. And
people who could have helped and stopped some of this just walked on by
and did nothing but cause me more pain. People who I thought were
friends,
people in professional occupations that require them to help have looked
the other way. Worse, make jokes about my entire life.

Life has not been good but I keep going the best I can and that's just
the way it is. My faith keeps me going.

So, yah, I have a tendency in my life to speak up because I know hurt.
And I do use the delete button just like every one else can.

Donna
in WA

I was thinking the same thing. I have friends who would not
chuckle at this joke.....I don't see anything funny about it
myself.

All this does is to perpetulate the ugliness to go on from one
generation to another.

Donna
in WA

Old September 2nd 10, 05:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

That's funny!!!

Donna in Idaho

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5416 (20100901) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old September 2nd 10, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 21:44:02 -0500, Polly Esther wrote
(in article ):

Well, there's another one.
Boudreaux quit drinking, took a bath, quit chasing women, quit his poker
games and laying around.
Suddenly he was cutting the grass around the church; even painted it and
was faithful to be first to attend on Sundays.
Father asked him what brought about the wonderful change that had come
over him.
Boudreaux explained, " I heard Crisis in the Gulf and if He's this close
I want to be ready". Polly

"Nana.Wilson" wrote in message
Thanks Polly!! Great chuckle! Thanks for posting. It is wonderful in
this time of crisis in the Gulf. We need all of the laughter relief that
we can get..

Nana

LOL!

Maureen

Old September 2nd 10, 03:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Irondale

Thank you, Taria, for your understanding. And you're
right,
no ones gets thru this life without some type of tragedy.
But
it's horror after horror of which I speak. And it all
started
out with something little.....like toes being stepped on.
And
because no one helped, the pain grew and is still growing.
So that is why if I see someone's toes being stepped on, I
speak out.

The other day a gay friend wrote on FB about "B...." people.
He couldn't even say black! Because he felt safe to say
that,
others actually joined him! More then toes were stepped on
and
if I hadn't spoken up no one would have. They would have
let his and others remarks slide by. Not me. And here he
has
the nerve to say how people pick on gay people and their
rights
and blah blah.

My God is most likely the same God you know as there truly
is
only one God. And, yes, God has a very good sense of humor.
It's what keeps me going. I'm doing my best to keep a
promise
I made when I was just a little girl of 5....and I'm almost
there.
I just need a few people to get out of my way!

Thanks again, Taria. I didn't mean to strike out on you but
I did. I'm sorry for that.

Donna
in WA

Had to Share.... DAB Yarn 1 January 29th 07 05:39 AM
AD and share - mostly share from Glitzy Glass Studio Inspired by Deepwood Art Beads! Glitzy Glass Beads 2 September 29th 05 07:10 PM
Share & Tell Mj Beads 8 October 15th 04 12:48 PM
just had to share KJ Quilting 34 March 22nd 04 06:07 PM
Must share this Cheryl Isaak Needlework 41 March 8th 04 12:34 PM