A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Textiles newsgroups » Quilting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

My Scrappy Quilt

Old September 1st 15, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default My Scrappy Quilt

I just started this quilt because I saw a picture of it in a magazine, so with no pattern I graphed it. It is a very simple quilt. Will try to explain how it is made and you can make any size. 1st a 5 1/2 inch square for center, then added two (3 x 5 1/2 inches) to the sides, another set of two (3 x 5 1/2 inches) with two 3 inch squares sewn on each end of rectangle. Sew this to the top and bottom this makes your block, except for the outer row which has another 3 x 5 1/2 inch with 3 inch squares on each end. I am working on the left side, so this extra section is sewn to the left side of each block. When I get to the very corner it will require two 3 inch squares on one side of 3 x 5 1/2 in and one 3 inch square on the opposite side. The same goes for the top, right side and bottom. Remember only the very corner gets the two 3 inch squares. Hope I haven't confused every one.
Sandy$
Note: If you make the center block and the 4 (3 x 5 1/2 inches) the same color, then the 4 (3 inch)outer corners a different color, it makes a very pretty block. I also had a 2 1/2 inch inner border and a 5 1/2 inch outer border. I made sure that each row had a block make from outer border material.
Ads