knitting rags

Old August 10th 09, 04:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Belinda Alene

Default knitting rags

Thanks for the ideas for use of rags. I do a lot of sewing and have uses for
most of the scrap, except the long thin strips less than an inch wide or pieces
smaller the 4inx4in (size used to make 9 square quilt blocks). I do more
crochet than knitting, so I will try some rag crochet. I have lap looms to try
weaving rag rugs.

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 01:11:11 -0400, "DA" wrote:

"mirjam" wrote in message
It has been years since i tore old clothes to knit/weave with ,,, i
think it time again , stuff piles up . what i can repair /recycle i
do ,, what can be donated was donated , and still ,,, i have my own
stuff and , Because people know i do it , they give me more bags with
stuff , which i sort out for recycling /donating/ giving to friends
who can use it as is or remaking it ,,, and still ,,,,, i need to do
more , thus maybe another round of rag knitting and weaving will have
a good result on my closets !!!!
mirjam

Do you weave "rag rugs"? You use plain cotton thread for the warp and
strips of rags for the weft. They turn out to be beautiful.
DA

Old August 12th 09, 04:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Hallo Belinda , if you are loaded with small pieces yyou can also ,
take a strong cloth as back ground , make `clusters` of several
pieces , pin them in lines , go over it with the machine , than do the
next `line` , makes for a nice rag rug , sewen by machine
Best knitting and crochet `size` cloth is when you twist it and it is
the size of 2/3 pencil size ,,,,,
mirjam
Old August 12th 09, 10:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Belinda Alene

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 20:47:20 -0700 (PDT), mirjam wrote:

Hallo Belinda , if you are loaded with small pieces yyou can also ,
take a strong cloth as back ground , make `clusters` of several
pieces , pin them in lines , go over it with the machine , than do the
next `line` , makes for a nice rag rug , sewen by machine
Best knitting and crochet `size` cloth is when you twist it and it is
the size of 2/3 pencil size ,,,,,
mirjam

Thanks for the idea. At the moment I don't have any small scraps because I have
been tossing them in the trash. Plans are to start cutting the next bolt of
cloth for the next round of goodies to sale tomorrow. Now I have a way to use
every scrap. Yay, Yay, Yay.......Lots of happy smiles

Old August 13th 09, 04:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Thanks for the idea. *At the moment I don't have any small scraps because I have
been tossing them in the trash. *Plans are to start cutting the next bolt of
cloth for the next round of goodies to sale tomorrow. *Now I have a way to use
every scrap. *Yay, Yay, Yay.......Lots of happy smiles

You are Welcome Belinda , i love to recycle , keep and reuse cloth
piecesc and threads...
I have a skirt and jacket which i call "3rd appearnace" ,,,, hahahahah
because every some years i add to the original more `patches and
embroidery hahahhah
mirjam .