New Topic: What is YOUR favorite piece of jewelry?

Old September 10th 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

Default New Topic: What is YOUR favorite piece of jewelry?

To try to stimulate some discussion, how about this topic? What is YOUR
favorite piece of jewelry and why? Is it something you made? Was it a gift?
Was it a special purchase?

Today for me it is a pair of earrings I made... they are not that unusual
really, but the beads are a greenish picasso melon that seems to go with
anything AND show up against my hair and skin.

I'll try to post a pic in a day or so.

What about you?
--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)

Old September 10th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Karleen -- I have a brown jade and aquamarine necklace that I am just
nuts about. I've tried to sell it twice on ebay but it didn't go. I
have remade it four times, LOL. I'm going to leave it exactly as it is
and shorten it, probably today. And as soon as I do I don't think I
will be able to sell it. I will have to keep it, cause I love the
****ing thing. Choker length makes the necklace pop. It will be mine.

Rationale: Most of my clients like "bigger neck" pieces, and for some
reason my fat body has a diminished neck (yeah picture my big head on
top of that and somehow,, now, on paper I look like a cartoon
character!! LOL). Truthfully everything is in proportion and looks
just fine -- I just don't have a large neck like many woman my age and
weight. Therefore, I probably wouldn't be able to sell it anyway, eh?

LOL. If I shorten it today I will take a picture tomorrow and post it
for you all to see. It really is spectacular, and I didn't want to let
it out of my sight.

Becki

Old September 10th 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

My favorite is the first embellished bracelet I made. It's in metallic
olive greens, vitrial Swarovski, and purpley oil-slick colors. I love
it not only because it's the perfect piece of jewelry for me, not only
because it gets comments wherever I go, but because it changed my life
and made me into a beadweaver.

`````````````````````````````

Old September 10th 06, 08:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

Becki, you NEED to keep it.

`````````````````````````

Old September 11th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Dr. Sooz wrote:
Becki, you NEED to keep it.

LOL -- I need a lot of things, but clothes and jewelry are not two of
them!!

Becki

Old September 11th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

My favorite piece of jewelry is a Goddess necklace I made when my son was having a lot of emotional and physical problems and I was really at my wit's end. The Goddess is turquoise and the necklace is filled with healing stones -sodalite for courage, clear quartz for healing, rhodonite for listening, etc. I wore the necklace everyday and used it as a prayer necklace. I prayed for a miracle and was rewarded with one. About a year after my son's recovery, I got the chance to participate in a miracle for another mother.

Patti
www.pattiwhiteley.com

Old September 11th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

WAIT A MINUTE!! We ALL need to keep some clothes!!
:-O

`````````````````````````

Old September 11th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

I have a pair of simple gold hoops that I wear almost daily, and have
done so since I got them with my first paycheck from a job when I was
15. They are Israeli gold and I bought them at a shop that was co-owned
by my great-aunt. I do wear other jewelry, but these are my 'signature'
earrings and they always go back in once the other ones come out. I
wear them more than the diamond studs I got for my 40th birthday. I
even have a picture of them in a safety deposit box in the event I lose
them and want to get them reproduced. They are about 18 gauge wire,
give or take.

Old September 12th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Soozie -- you are such a friggin fool. LMAO

Becki

Old September 12th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

:-D