Bead Rennaisance "vs" Bead Faire

Old July 7th 03, 10:27 PM
D Brock

Default Bead Rennaisance "vs" Bead Faire

Hi:

A quick question that'll be of interest to people in the Portland (OR) area:

The Bead Rennaissance show is this coming weekend, the Bead Faire (put on by
the Gem Faire people) is the following weekend. I probably cannot make the
time to go see both --- can I ask for a recommendation on which one might be
more worthwhile? I'm particularly interested in lampwork art beads.

Thanks,

--Dave

Old July 7th 03, 11:07 PM
Dr. Sooz

I've never been to Bead Renaissance, but I've heard it's terrific.

]The Bead Rennaissance show is this coming weekend, the Bead Faire (put on by
]the Gem Faire people) is the following weekend. I probably cannot make the
]time to go see both --- can I ask for a recommendation on which one might be
]more worthwhile? I'm particularly interested in lampwork art beads.

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Old July 8th 03, 12:42 AM
Mj

If your interest is primarily lampwork, go to Bead Renaissance. Their
listing of vendors looks really good this year - BUT the Puget Sound show
the following weekend would also be fabulous! Bead Faire, while put on by
the Gem Faire people, is slightly larger and is slanted much more towards
beaders of all kinds than is the Gem Faire. I go to the Eugene Gem Faire
twice a year and had the good fortune to go to the Santa Monica Bead Faire
two years ago. Mucho beads, findings and other beading goodies at the Bead
Faire versus more finished gem jewelry at the Gem Faires. I'm heading up
for the Bead Faire this year - could only go to one, darn it!

Mj

--
=================================
Marjean Cline

Old July 8th 03, 07:37 PM
Deirdre S.

I am contemplating going this weekend. Probably toward the end of the
show, since Friday and Saturday would be more difficult to get there
because of things Genny has scheduled.

What should I be prepared to see there?

Deirdre

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:58:28 -0700, "Karen_AZ"
wrote:

I went to the Bead Ren show in Tucson and it was excellent. Nice mix of
lampwork, gemstone beads and other goodies.

Old July 8th 03, 10:09 PM
Mj

Try he
http://www.beadshow.com/dealers/dealers-port.htm

I count 72 dealers which will include everything from gorgeous lampwork
(Ghost Cow and others), Bali and Bali style silver (Ands Silver and Sweet
Creek), tons of increase-your-bead-stash enablers from Fire Mountain to
Thunderbird Supply, and Carol Fonda & Monty Clark will be there peddling
their stunning creations and dichro glass, and assorted supply people: Soft
Flex, Wire Wizard and others. If you have money to spend - have fun. If
you can't afford to buy right now I strongly suggest you LEAVE YOUR
CHECKBOOK AND CREDIT CARDS AT HOME!!!! Waaaaaaay to much temptation! You
might get some deals at the end of the show, but you'll definitely miss
seeing the best lampwork because it'll be sold on Friday.

Mj

Old July 11th 03, 03:08 AM
D Brock

By the way, a late thank you for all the responses.

It turns out that I'm taking a (completely unrelated) training course at
another hotel just down the block from there, so not only will I get to go,
I'll get there on the first day, too.

Oddly enough, the last such training I had to go to was near the Oregon
Convention Center, where it turned out that Bead Stampede (a very small
show) was going on --- so was able to blow through there on lunch hour...

--Dave

Xmas ornament pattern Laurie Beads 1 July 6th 03 04:21 PM
AD-July 26-27, 2003 Atlanta, GA Dixie Classic Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 0 July 2nd 03 09:06 PM
AD-July 19-20, 2003 Tallahassee, FL Gulf States Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 0 July 2nd 03 09:01 PM
AD-July 12-13, 2003 Orlando, FL Florida Summer Classic Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 0 July 2nd 03 08:54 PM