Belle Armoire?

Old July 9th 03, 09:55 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Sarajane,

I thought it was a good first article, although a bit vague. That said, I
think there are a ton of different topics you could write on/research,
things like:

Selling wholesale
Selling retail/direct
Selling via commission (ie. galleries, etc.)
Pricing/Overhead
How to enter regular and juried shows
Marketing
Packaging & Display
Patents/Copyright
Teaching/Sharing technique
Bookkeeping & inventory
Financial reports
Tax issues:getting an ID, filing, etc.
Buying wholesale and how to find sources
--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

"Sjpolyclay" wrote in message
Does anybody here get Belle Armoire? and if so, I'd like to ask for any
comments on the new column I'm doing there on the Business of Art....first
one's in the new issue.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Old July 9th 03, 11:04 PM
Sjpolyclay

I thought it was a good first article, although a bit vague. That said, I
think there are a ton of different topics you could write on/research,
things like:

I agree with you, Barbara, I didn't get a chance (yet) to get to the real nuts
and bolts, but its coming! That was more in the line of the introductory "here
we get ready to go" speech. And I'm copying your suggestions to my file; thank
you very much!

Old July 9th 03, 11:07 PM
Sjpolyclay

Starting at the beginning is always a good idea......... ;-)

There are a lot of people who really are at the point of just starting as a
business, as well as the people who've been doing shows forever and are in all
the best galleries. I'm somewhere in between those points, but the fact I'm
still in business after 20 years of selling art-wearables is pretty good, I
think!

Old July 10th 03, 07:13 PM
Deirdre S.

It is darn good! and I qualify as one of those 'right at the
beginning' people, so I will try to find a copy of Belle Armoire ASAP.
'Bout time to subscribe, I think, if you will be a regular there.

Deirdre

Old July 10th 03, 10:39 PM
Sjpolyclay

'Bout time to subscribe, I think, if you will be a regular there.

{{{{{{{smooch}}}}}} Thank you, Deirdre!!