Stolen Quilts Recovered

Old June 24th 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Keith.m

Default Stolen Quilts Recovered

Just thought I'd let everyone know that the quilts belonging toValerie
Hearder which were stolen from the trunk of her car in St.John's
Newfoundland have been recovered;
http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1063500.html
It seems that a man walking through the woods stepped off the beaten trail
to "take a leak" and noticed the bags containing the quilts nearby. Hooray
for the call of nature!
Jane

Old June 24th 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

That's great news. Thanks Jane.
..
In message , Keith.m
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 24th 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

That is fantastic news for her I am sure! It pleased me.
--
Estelle UK
Gallagher one one at btinternet.com

You are never too old to become the person you should have been!
My photos are here!
http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11

Old June 24th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW in NJ

On Jun 24, 10:19*am, "Keith.m" wrote:
Just thought I'd let everyone know that the quilts belonging toValerie
Hearder which were stolen from the trunk of her car in St.John's
Newfoundland have been recovered;http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1063500.html
It seems that a man walking through the woods stepped off the beaten trail
to "take a leak" and noticed the bags containing the quilts nearby. Hooray
for the call of nature!
Jane

The thief or thieves obviously didn't know what they had in hand! So
glad to hear this had a happy ending. They could have discarded those
bags anywhere! What great news!

AliceW in NJ
Old June 24th 08, 11:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Glad they were recovered!
Barbara in SC

Old June 25th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Thank you, Jane, for the happy 'rest of the story'. Her quilts are
treasures and I'm so glad that they are home and safe. Polly

"Bobbie Sews More" wrote in message
m...
Glad they were recovered!
Barbara in SC

Old June 25th 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
allisonh

Keith.m wrote:
Just thought I'd let everyone know that the quilts belonging toValerie
Hearder which were stolen from the trunk of her car in St.John's
Newfoundland have been recovered;
http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1063500.html
It seems that a man walking through the woods stepped off the beaten trail
to "take a leak" and noticed the bags containing the quilts nearby. Hooray
for the call of nature!
Jane

Great news!!!! Wish all such stories ended so well.
Allison
Old June 26th 08, 01:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

On Jun 25, 10:17*am, allisonh wrote:
Keith.m wrote:
Just thought I'd let everyone know that the quilts belonging toValerie
Hearder which were stolen from the trunk of her car in St.John's
Newfoundland have been recovered;
http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1063500.html
It seems that a man walking through the woods stepped off the beaten trail
to "take a leak" and noticed the bags containing the quilts nearby. Hooray
for the call of nature!
Jane

wow, what a happy ending. bet she was glad for that "call"!!!

amy in CNY
Old June 27th 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MB

How did he/she/they get into the car trunk in the first place?...
Anyway...glad for the recovery of her hard work !!!

Old June 27th 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

That part has had my curiosity going from the beginning!

--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

"MB" wrote in message
mountainaccess...
How did he/she/they get into the car trunk in the first place?...

Dyewood recovered from an old shipwreck near North Ronaldsay Bruce Needlework 0 October 28th 06 04:31 PM
My name has been stolen! Sunny Sewing 7 September 16th 06 07:29 PM
Stolen images again - help please Kandice Seeber Beads 15 March 14th 06 04:33 AM
Looking for crafters who work with recovered, recycled materials peter General Crafting 0 February 21st 04 02:55 AM