rec.crafts.jewelry scheduled for sporge flood

Old August 9th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
[email protected]

Default rec.crafts.jewelry scheduled for sporge flood

Sporge flooding of rec.crafts.jewelry will commence in a few hours.

This will render rec.crafts.jewelry useless. For an example, see Sci.Crypt.

Supernews filters out this sporgery spam. Get a better Usenet
experience. Sign up for our risk-free trial today!

https://www.supernews.com/signup

--
What doesn't Roberta mention off?
Old August 10th 07, 08:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Marilee J. Layman

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 03:03:16 GMT, lry wrote:

Sporge flooding of rec.crafts.jewelry will commence in a few hours.

This will render rec.crafts.jewelry useless. For an example, see Sci.Crypt.

Supernews filters out this sporgery spam. Get a better Usenet
experience. Sign up for our risk-free trial today!

https://www.supernews.com/signup

Guys, this is a trick. I'm answering it and have reset where the post
goes, but nobody else should directly answer it. The follow-up is set
to sci.crypt. The idea is that people who don't pay attention won't
notice they're posting in anger to sci.crypt and will overload that
group. Apparently someone behaved on sci.crypt in such a way that his
newsgroup provider, Supernews, kicked him off. So he's trying to get
two revenges at once -- overloading sci.crypt and making people think
Supernews is a bad company.
--
Marilee J. Layman
http://mjlayman.livejournal.com
Old August 10th 07, 08:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W.. Rowe,

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 00:17:28 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry "Marilee J. Layman"
wrote:

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 03:03:16 GMT, lry wrote:

Sporge flooding of rec.crafts.jewelry will commence in a few hours.

This will render rec.crafts.jewelry useless. For an example, see Sci.Crypt.

Supernews filters out this sporgery spam. Get a better Usenet
experience. Sign up for our risk-free trial today!

https://www.supernews.com/signup

Guys, this is a trick. I'm answering it and have reset where the post
goes, but nobody else should directly answer it. The follow-up is set
to sci.crypt. The idea is that people who don't pay attention won't
notice they're posting in anger to sci.crypt and will overload that
group. Apparently someone behaved on sci.crypt in such a way that his
newsgroup provider, Supernews, kicked him off. So he's trying to get
two revenges at once -- overloading sci.crypt and making people think
Supernews is a bad company.

And I'm wondering what you're referring to, Marilee, since I see no post in
rec.crafts.jewelry, at least not on the earthlink news server, that matches what
you've described. I'm presuming you've found a post on rcj with a forged
approval header somewhere, but apparently, at least some news servers recognize
and reject the forgery, or the poster... Where'd you see the posting?

Peter
Old August 11th 07, 07:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W.. Rowe,

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 00:21:28 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry "Peter W.. Rowe,"
wrote:

And I'm wondering what you're referring to, Marilee, since I see no post in
rec.crafts.jewelry, at least not on the earthlink news server,

[snip]

Thanks to all who've shown me the original posting on their servers. Earthlink
apparently blocked it. Kudus to them, for once. It appears the "attack" also
was stopped or limited by someone, somewhere, which is good since from my end,
there seems little to be done in any case. Only the originating ISP, I'm
guessing, can properly trace the real origin of the post, since it appears to me
that virtually all the identifying headers are forged.

Bottom line, I guess, is ignore it and don't respond to it, and maybe it will go
away...

cheers

Peter