Baby gear

Old April 8th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

Default Baby gear

Does anyone have a source for a pad for a shopping cart seat for babies? Any
other item (I have plenty of quilt patterns, thank you) would be
appreciated. I am gettinig prepared.

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

Old April 8th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

hiya N,
i googled images for ' shopping cart seat covers '.
a few show up there. different views might show how it is constructed and
you can just pick some sizes and go for it.
not as if it has to be poifect now does it. they look rather large and
floppy/comfy.
seems to me work out about the size of the seat, add sides big enough to run
and over the sides alot, add some batting and bobs u'r uncle.
whos gonna know/care if its not poifect, eh.
baby just wants comfort and mum wants proctection. easy peasy.
will post if i find a pattern free online anywhere tho.
anything else in particular you're looking at making?
cheers,
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Boca Jan" wrote...

Old April 8th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

me again, lol.
from looking thru all the pix...
they can be made reversible, have handles so it folds into itself for ease
of carry'n, can have a big fat soft padded bit at front so baby can flop
over it and sleep without hurt'n their widdle noggins, can also have asst
things to do/play with on it. not sure what those might be but i'd be sure
they wash easily without falling off as it will probly need washing often.
oh and i'd consider labeling it too with name/cell phone #, whatever.
still looking,
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"nzlstar*" wrote...

Old April 8th 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

and dont forget leg holes. tho i wonder if you could add a padded flap to
cover them when baby is real little so it just flops out of the way, under
their bum, more padding, lol, when they get bigger to use the leg holes.
again, just me think'n outloud.
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"nzlstar*" wrote...

Old April 8th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack

See if this is something that will help
http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/cart_cover.html
-
Debi

Chaos, panic and disorder ... my work here is done.

Old April 8th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_2_]

Does anyone have a source for a pad for a shopping cart seat for babies?
Any other item (I have plenty of quilt patterns, thank you) would be
appreciated. I am gettinig prepared.

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/

I remembered this site, I've just looked again and she has what you are
wanting, other things I'd highly recommend are the nursing cushion, I
suggest stuffing it with a mixture of beans and toy stuffing, I can let you
have some beans, they'd be very light to post. It's useful even if she's not
nursing, for propping baby etc.

I also recommend some kind of carrier or pouch, my favourite for a new born
is the ring sling, I made one from the pattern on her site, and my 2nd baby
in particular practically lived in it for the first month, different things
are more helpful when babies are older.

Anne

Old April 8th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

You must have missed seeing my Sumo wrestler undies! I made one for
each of my littlest grandsons for Christmas with a pattern from
Keepsake Quilting. The seat liner looks hilarious when you don't know
what it is when you look at it!

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...60435514fVtfyc

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old April 8th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

way cool, some of the things i found on that site.
cute quick bibs for baby, various cloth diaper designs, nursing bras, baby
sleep sacks, cloth menstral pads, hmmm,
nursing T-shirts, toddler sheets, baby slings.
other stuff i'm still trying to read thru.
i need to make some of those cloth grocery bags.
how bout using some of those orphaned blocks we all got round our sewing
rooms on these.
announce to the world we are quilters.
i'm sick to death of plastic and they dont offer paper ones here.
either way its using up oil or trees to get our food home.
now i wonder if i've got some heavy weight muslin under my big sewing table.
if i can even get into it now. geez.
oh oh, just remembered something they sell here tho not when i had babes.
its a strap that holds the baby in its place on the bed without constricting
them at all.
simple contraption...one long bit wraps round the mattress or tucks under a
fair ways, the attached wide bit to wrap round babys tummy with velcro to
hold closed. this thing helps keep them in the position you prefer, but also
helps keep them from rolling out of their covers in winter and getting cold,
eeeeeek. i think useful when they get a bit older, say from 6 months to
2yrs-ish? not sure what ages they use on but i liked the sound of it.
can look for the link if anyone needs it.
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Debi Matlack" wrote...

Old April 8th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_2_]

and dont forget leg holes. tho i wonder if you could add a padded flap to
cover them when baby is real little so it just flops out of the way, under
their bum, more padding, lol, when they get bigger to use the leg holes.
again, just me think'n outloud.

at the age the baby would be to do it that way they'd probably be too young
to be safe there, hence the need for a baby carrier!

I've seen at least one supermarket in the US that has a baby seat on the
trolley, it surprises me they are so uncommon, supermarkets in the UK seem
to pride themselves on the number of types of trolley they have, so there
are ones with holders and straps for baby car seats, then plastic young baby
seats, in various combos, so you can have twin babies, baby and toddler, and
two toddlers. Here, you just get one toddler seat, except at costco where
they have two!

Anne

Old April 9th 07, 04:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

There's some really cute baby pattern stuff at www.sewthankful.com -
NAYY.

Patti in Seatte