Followup to day at the jewelry trade show

Old June 15th 04, 02:14 AM
Bungadora

Default Followup to day at the jewelry trade show

My postings and replies aren't showing up again, except on google, so I've
started another thread, if only to see what happens with this one.

In retrospect, the show 'to the trade' wasn't as good hunting as a bead show
probably would have been. It focussed mainly on finished articles, for one
thing. And many had a minimum purchase limit of at least $200 and most of it is
shipped after the show - not for the faint of heart. I mentioned I bought some
coral. Well, I was ordering from a sample and my boss has warned me that I
probably won't get something that looks as good as the sample. Even if a vendor
had 'cash and carry', the one booth where I nearly broke down and bought some
gorgeous silver rings didn't take VISA for its cash and carry and I had no cash
thanks to a quick trip to the greenhouse.

A friend who does jewelry and went again today says the attendance was even
worse today and one of the vendors was telling her he won't be back. Her
feeling was that the show wasn't very well promoted. There were a couple of
very small vendors there who were probably hurting by the end of the show. Much
as I think the show could have used more variety, I know the burden would fall
on small businesses who really can't afford a poor showing.

And why do we love doing things that are not financially remunerative? I dunno.
Maybe because these projects take so much time they have to be done just for
oneself or close friends, and I have to love what I'm doing to finish it.

Dora
Old June 15th 04, 03:58 AM
Dr. Sooz

My postings and replies aren't showing up again, except on google

Um....yes they are. On AOL.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old June 15th 04, 04:19 AM
Bungadora

(Dr. Sooz)

My postings and replies aren't showing up again, except on google

Um....yes they are. On AOL.
~~

Strange times on AOHELL
The previous thread doesn't show for me on this screen name. However it shows
on my master screen name. This thread showed up when I reset the general
preferences for newsgroups.
Dora

ONE OF A KIND JEWELRY INTRODUCTION. alia Beads 8 November 7th 05 04:04 PM
My day at the jewelry trade show Bungadora Beads 2 June 14th 04 06:54 AM
National Gem and Jewelry Show JL Paules Beads 0 May 5th 04 12:53 AM
DIY Jewelry Show? Tink Beads 4 December 20th 03 07:15 AM
Lark Books Call For Artists: Found Object Jewelry Tink Beads 0 October 21st 03 11:35 PM