Four patch pattern

Old September 8th 04, 11:13 PM
Sindir

Default Four patch pattern

I am looking for a simple four patch pattern. What I am looking for is 4
blocks of 2 colors, with a third color making up the corners. This is to be
set on point. Anyone help me out with a pattern?

Sindir

Old September 8th 04, 11:34 PM
Sindir

Changed my mind on this one already....Gonna go with a plain four patch,
with sashing in between blocks. Question is, if the finished squares are
8", and the quilt is to be twin size, what size do I make the sashing?

Sindir

Old September 9th 04, 02:03 PM
Pat in Virginia

Sindir,
Make a few blocks and position them on the sashing yardage. Place
them two inches apart and decide if you like that. Try a few
sizes of spacing. Remember, the blocks at that point will be a
tad larger ... 8.5" ... while the finished top will show 8"
blocks. Still, this should help. *I* would go with two inches; an
evenly divisible number always makes a pleasing composition, IMO.
What colors?
PAT

Old September 9th 04, 03:17 PM
Sindir

DS (3.5) picked out the fabric for his "big quilt." There are two blue
fabrics with glitter and stars. One is multi-colored stars and the other is
silver outlines. The sashing fabric is a dark red/maroon marbled type
fabric. Very interesting combination, but looks like it's actually going to
work well.

Sindir