Been having so much fun!

Old August 22nd 03, 07:27 PM
julia sidebottom

Default Been having so much fun!

Did you miss me the last couple days??? I missed everyone here.
Again a had a glitch in the computer but things are coming along in that
department quite well. So the first thing I am doing is sending all a
quick note to say "I'm back"

But better yet, I spent the morning (getting away from the computer
woes) going out doing gararge sales... and the treasures are great that
I came home with... Are you ready!!!

30 yards of quality quilting fabric for the grand total of.......

$4.00

More to come later. The fabrics are just the beginning of todays fun.
But before I can really catch up here much I must get a few important
things done with the computer (like my virus scanner). I will be back
later I just had to share the great day.
juliasb

Old August 23rd 03, 12:51 AM
juliasb(nospam)

I just finished pulling all of it out of the dryer and will have to
press it tomorrow or when ever G. It is folded and setting right here
where I can drool closely over it. My friend and I are going out again
tomorrow morning to see what other goodies we can come home with...
Oh yeah, I did find a few other things besides the fabrics, important
but not as fun as the fabrics. A large pressure cooker for canning...
($5.00) and some very nifty toys for my granddaughter to play with when
she comes for a visit... now I have to get a hold of my daughter and
have them out just so I can watch the baby play with the toys.
juliasb

Diana Curtis wrote:
How wonderful! Lucky you!
And yes, it has been unnaturally quiet in here lately..
Welcome home, with your blessedly grand new stash!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old August 23rd 03, 01:16 AM
juliasb(nospam)

Oh my! I got so carried away that I didn't even think to share what all
these goodies are!
One piece is a to die for rich burgundy, paisley boarder fabric (5
yd..)
Well to do this right I just had to get up and meander over to the
love seat to get them. My lap is full right now but then I have to hold
them to describe them to you
3 yds of a red with small blocked of sections with a small heart in
the center of each blocked of section.
2 yd. of what I call a 'victorian tea cup' pattern. I have some of this
fabric and have used it sparingly because I knew I would soon run out.
Now I have 2 more yd. to add!
2 yd. of a nice forest green broad cloth, perfect for making bindings.
2 yd. of cream background with forest green oriental birds and
buildings. A yummy fabric to say the least.
4 yd. of a very LOUD novelty print of cards and gaming things. (I will
figure out something for it).
2 yd. of a light teal and mauve fern print
3 yd. of red with white sail boats
2 yd. of pink with meandering vines
4 yd. of a white on white (can never have enough of that!)
3 yd. of a larger colorful floral in spring colors.
2 yd. of a deep teal and turquoise fern print
These I got all at one place.
I did get one other piece of a nice peach fabric that I only paid a
nickel for. (2 yd. there too)
All the others were 25 cents each.

Ok, so I lied... I spent 3.05 not $4.00 and a bit over 30 yards... but
who's keeping track
I hope that tomorrow is just as grand an experience... you just never
know what you will find.
juliasb

Butterfly wrote:
did someone whistle thru here not too long ago? She sure didn't stay
long.... bet she is off fondling fondling fondling. Wish she'd hurry up
and SAY what she was fondling--is it red green brown yellow blue seasonal
Butterfly (sometimes just imagining 'what' is a lot of fun ; )

Old August 23rd 03, 01:17 AM
juliasb(nospam)

what can I say, it feeeeellllllsssss sooooooooo goooooooddddd.
juliasb

D&D wrote:
Yea like you need more fabric after showing us photo's of you wallowing in
your stash..

Dee in Oz

Old August 23rd 03, 02:20 PM
Diana Curtis

Even more congrats then, on the pressure cooker, the toys and all those
lovely fabrics. What an astounding haul!
Diana, who thinks garage sales are the BEST!

Old August 23rd 03, 11:59 PM
Kim E

I can hear this one screaming from here (you are right, it IS loud).
It wants to be a Stack-and-Whack quilt.

Kim

Old August 24th 03, 12:55 AM
juliasb(nospam)

That was what I was thinking when I got it too... I will have to
carefully take a close look to see the repetition in the pattern before
I am willing to do another block...
juliasb

Kim E wrote:
I can hear this one screaming from here (you are right, it IS loud).
It wants to be a Stack-and-Whack quilt.

Kim

"juliasb(nospam)" wrote in message ...

4 yd. of a very LOUD novelty print of cards and gaming things. (I will
figure out something for it).

--
come and journey with me...
from darkness into New Life

Old August 25th 03, 10:27 PM
Kate Dicey

julia sidebottom wrote:

Did you miss me the last couple days??? I missed everyone here.
Again a had a glitch in the computer but things are coming along in that
department quite well. So the first thing I am doing is sending all a
quick note to say "I'm back"

But better yet, I spent the morning (getting away from the computer
woes) going out doing gararge sales... and the treasures are great that
I came home with... Are you ready!!!

30 yards of quality quilting fabric for the grand total of.......

$4.00

More to come later. The fabrics are just the beginning of todays fun.
But before I can really catch up here much I must get a few important
things done with the computer (like my virus scanner). I will be back
later I just had to share the great day.
juliasb

Coo! A bargain! Love the idea of fabric at under 14c a yard!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk