On the way from/to...

Old July 17th 03, 02:21 AM
Meghan

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:36:26 GMT, " Ellison"
wrote:

So, wanna' tell us, what's your quilt shop on the way from or to
or just barely off your intended path---?

Hope your tooth feels better.

Well, TSWLTH happens to be across from a post office - not my closest post
office, but it's the closest one that takes debit cards and I always manage to
not have cash on me for some reason. Then there's the scrapbook store next
to the drugstore where I buy milk...

Meghan
Old July 17th 03, 02:30 AM
Shawn

" Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!

So, wanna' tell us, what's your quilt shop on the way from or to
or just barely off your intended path---?

I have 'A Great Notion' next to my shop. Sometimes the business bank
deposits take a little longer than they should. Shhhh. Don't tell my
staff!

Shawn

--
mslibra
www.cutcakes.ca

Old July 17th 03, 04:20 AM
Diana Curtis

In the same mall as Comp usa and Circuit City is a Joanns... so I hitch
rides there when I can... but rarely buy fabric there. :-)

But.. on my intended path.. hmmmm... since my intended dream path is to
visit each and every RTCQer that wants me to darken their door, even if its
for a cuppa and a fare thee well, then Id have to say my options are much
more interesting! :-)
Diana the big dreamer
--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
" Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!
There's a quilt shop on the way home from the dentist's office;
well, there is if I go that way! After bravely enduring yet another
tooth filling, don't I deserve a little prize (besides the pencil w/ the
funky eraser)? Of course I do!
So on the way to the post office to mail my baseball squares,
I stopped at the s.Arlington quilt shop, E.S.P. (I met you & your
parents there, Roberta Z.), which is just a 1/2 block up the street
from the dentist (it really is, altho' I don't live in that direction

g),
and *mercy!* did I find some goodies. Get 10% discount w/
guild membership card, get 20% discount for clearing the bolt,
and get a bag of really beautiful fabric, some for autumn, some for
now, some Spectrix, some Hoffman, some I dunno' who made it.
Brought it home, set it to whirl in the washing machine (conveniently
located by the back/garage door), and I'm feeling so much better. ;-D

So, wanna' tell us, what's your quilt shop on the way from or to
or just barely off your intended path---?

Cheers!
Ragmop/Sandy--what's 100ºF for, if not to duck into the a/c-ed LQS?!!!?

Old July 17th 03, 05:30 AM
Lorilynn King

Well, today I took the day off from work and drove up to Estes Park with
my DD. The trip took about 45 minutes and we arrived at about 9:30 a.m.
We stopped at McD's for breakfast and then drove a mile or so down the
road to pick up Karen (Queen of Squishies) at her motel. She had a free
day while her DH was climbing Long's Peak, but no car, so we Cruised
back down the hill to go to my quilt group's monthly meeting (Teresa and
her business partner are also members of this group). Of course, on the
way, we had to stop in Lyons at Quilting Hands. No AC but it was still
early in the morning so not too hot yet, perfect fabric fondling
weather. We then headed to the meeting (north of Longmont) where we
discussed quilting, food, our latest group challenge, food, had show and
tell, and then actually ate some food! Teresa joined us in the Cruise
down to her store in Longmont where we ogled the Linda Hibbert trunk
show. We gave Teresa a ride to her house so she could spend the rest of
the day with her DGD, and Karen and I went down to Westminster (suburb
waaay north of Denver) to "Tomorrow's Heirlooms" on our way back to
Estes Park (okay, so the detour was practically as long as the round
trip to Estes!!) I got some margarita fabric and fruit fabrics for the
"I Love Pie" quilt that I'm planning for my dad. Karen is trying to
enhance her stash so she can make a colorwash quilt, so she found some
really nice botanicals and florals.

It was a really nice day and so much more fun than working!

--
Lori
http://www.users.qwest.net/~lsquared/

Chocolate reduces stress. And it's so much quieter than throwing a
screaming fit.

Old July 17th 03, 05:59 AM
Teresa in Colorado

Fun - fun - It was delightful to meet Karen and she didn't seem the least
bit intimidated by our quilt group - we are rather loud and known for having
multiple conversations (both On and Off Topic) at one time.

I would have gone shopping with them, but my DGD is going home to Missouri
in a few days and I wanted to spend time with her.

--
Teresa in Colorado

Old July 17th 03, 12:48 PM
Shelly

Alice,
You don't go to the quilt store in town? I usually don't either as they
don't have too much.Joann has a much better selection.
Shelly
"AliceW" wrote in message
I have a Joanns in the same shopping center as the Acme where I shop.
Bonus - it's in an enterprise zone so they charge half the normal sales

tax
(3% instead of 6% in my case).

My favorite shops are stand alone itineraries - not on the way to or from
anywhere!

I hit two of them to and from my mom's in Florida - the new shop in Deland
and the Whippoorwill in Silver Springs.

--
Alice in NJ
RCTQ - "Royal Cybrarian"

"frood" wrote in message
. com...
My LQS is on the way to....nope.... on the way home from..... nope...

Dang!
Mine's a special trip, but worth it all the same!

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old July 17th 03, 02:58 PM
Ellison

Howdy!

oooo-ooo-- Cruising for fabric and friends--- way to go, Lori!! g
What a fun trip!
Ragmop/Sandy--have Cruiser, will travel ;-D

Old July 17th 03, 04:27 PM
DDM

No quilt shops are really on the way to or from someplace else unless I take
the scenic route. Good thing that I like the scenic tour! g

Dee in LeRoy, NY (if we had a LQS here it would be on the way everywhere
else)

Old July 17th 03, 09:26 PM
Lorilynn King

Marcella Tracy Peek wrote:

When I was a kid and lived in CO, we used to go to Estes Park for hiking
and salt water taffy. There were a couple of candy stores there with
the pulling machines in the front window and it was very fun to watch.
That was the best taffy; I bet it would be a good quilting snack. They
still do that there or has progress changed all that and taken away the
trout fishing pond?

marcella

The salt water taffy is still there, and so is the pond (although we've
never stopped since none of us are big fish eaters). Where in CO did
you live?

Old July 17th 03, 11:09 PM
Sue

How did you know I went to the fabric shop directly after getting my teeth
cleaned. They overhauled the quilting area moving it downstairs and adding a
lot more fabric. Bought 5 meters of Batiks and 1/2 meter of kid fabric. My 9
year old daughter picked out some fabric to make Capri's so we will be
working on that this afternoon. Her cousin spotted the Capri fabric and
wants to make a skirt so we will have a challenge.
--
Sue