posted pics of 2 quilt tops

Old July 12th 03, 09:47 PM
Kathy

Default posted pics of 2 quilt tops

I posted pics of 2 quilt tops I finished in the last few months. One is the
3D fan quilt I have been working on for my grandson. The fabric I bought for
the border and back is bright colored frogs on bright turqouise. I have the
border on now and just bought the batting for it--had to get dble size
batting as it is bigger than crib but smaller than twin.

The Leisure Arts sampler quilt has its own folder. Their are 2 views of the
top and 3 closeups of blocks I substituted 'cause I did NOT want to do the
applique it showed in the book! Have to get the fabric for the
back--probably will be the purple (like the sashing) if if can find more of
it at Walmart.

I have pictures of the first half of the Chaos Harmony top I finished last
week but the film is sitting in my purse waiting to be dropped off! The
pictures of the last half and the borders are still in the camera.

From the left overs of the Chaos Harmony, I made 4 patches (blue/purple and
green/yellow) for a total of 60 four-patches which I am starting to put
together for probably just a lap quilt--maybe with the green (have to get
more) for border/back.

This gives me 4 quilt tops DONE this year (my first year quilting) and 1/2
of one quilted It's so much more fun to make the tops!

In addition to the 4-patch, I also have 4 more WIP as BOM projects and 1 in
planning stage (most of fabric bought, but not washed, ironed, cut)

--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:

Old July 12th 03, 10:17 PM
shhdesigns

Nicely done Kathy, always a joy to finish those UFO...gotta work on some of
my own.
Thanks for the inspiration.

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.

"Kathy" wrote in message
[...]

From the left overs of the Chaos Harmony, I made 4 patches (blue/purple

and

Old July 13th 03, 04:20 AM
Kathy

Actually ths 3d fan is not yet complete--need to back it--and it will be for
his first B-day on Nov.
--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/kathys1068

"Glenn/Patty" wrote in message
Hi Kathy: Great job. Loved them, especially the 3D Fan. Really liked the
colours, your grandson must have loved it.

Patty in NWO

"Kathy" wrote in message
[...]

From the left overs of the Chaos Harmony, I made 4 patches (blue/purple

and

Old July 13th 03, 10:20 AM
jules

my fav was the 3D fan ) Thanks for sharing your pics. The colours on the
leisure arts sampler was great.

--
Jules
"Kathy" wrote in message
[...]

From the left overs of the Chaos Harmony, I made 4 patches (blue/purple

and

Old July 13th 03, 01:07 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

What lovely colours - they work nicely together in the sampler, and
the 3d fan looks great. Well done!

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK

Old July 13th 03, 04:50 PM
Shawn

Hi Kathy,

Congrats on such nice work. I'm not sure what part of quilting I enjoy
more. I don't mind the actual quilting because soon I will see the finished
project and finished is always good :-)

--
mslibra
www.cutcakes.ca

"Kathy" wrote in message
[...]

From the left overs of the Chaos Harmony, I made 4 patches (blue/purple

and

Old July 19th 03, 04:44 PM
Dr. Quilter

Sandi, still an UFO until she quilts it and binds it, uh? But they are
on their way at least.... great! )

"Kathy" wrote in message

[...]

From the left overs of the Chaos Harmony, I made 4 patches (blue/purple

and

green/yellow) for a total of 60 four-patches which I am starting to put
together for probably just a lap quilt--maybe with the green (have to get
more) for border/back.

This gives me 4 quilt tops DONE this year (my first year quilting) and 1/2
of one quilted It's so much more fun to make the tops!

In addition to the 4-patch, I also have 4 more WIP as BOM projects and 1

in

planning stage (most of fabric bought, but not washed, ironed, cut)

--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/kathys1068