Wee Village Blocks

Old July 11th 03, 09:10 PM
susan kraterfield

Default Wee Village Blocks

I'm charmed! I'd never seen these. Thank you so much for showing them to
me. Maybe *this* is my next lap quilt for the family room.

As for your question, I think it "depends". There are lots of ways to
applique; the real trouble will be if you choose the wrong way for *you*.
If you're leery, maybe do it as fusible applique?

For me, if I *really* like the design, I don't care how hard it is.

I'm a silk thread/needleturn hand applique person; don't know if you're
headed in a "hand" or "machine" direction. If you're doing hand work, the
most challenging shapes are tight inside corners. For example.. the
top-center of a heart, or the cleft where a branch forks from a larger
trunk. That problem actually goes away if you do machine or fusible
applique; I don't know what would be the most worrisome for those.

--
susan kraterfield
see my quilts: http://members.cox.net/kratersge

"M. Wetmore" wrote in message
Hi:

Has anyone on this group done one of the Wee Village
(http://www.future-heirlooms.com/) blocks? If so, do you think they
are too advanced for a first applique attempt? I have so many hand
dyed fabrics that will be perfect for these blocks. I have downloaded
four of them.

Mardi
Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. mardi at mardiweb dot

com.
____________________

My Quilting page: http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat

Old July 12th 03, 01:30 AM
nzl*

yep, they are adorable, have downloaded all of them, belong to the yahoo
group too but as yet not done any of them, got too many other projects on
the go, you know how that goes, lol
how are u doing the applique, what method?
jeanne*
--
RCTQ Houston 2004 Party Animals
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail....
"M. Wetmore" wrote in message
| Hi:
|
| Has anyone on this group done one of the Wee Village
| (http://www.future-heirlooms.com/) blocks? If so, do you think they
| are too advanced for a first applique attempt? I have so many hand
| dyed fabrics that will be perfect for these blocks. I have downloaded
| four of them.
|
| Mardi
| Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. mardi at mardiweb dot
com.

| My Quilting page: http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
| Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
| Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat