Good News and Bad ( A draining day )

Old July 9th 03, 10:18 PM
Patti

Hullo Flossy
Congratulations and Commiserations are both in order, by the sound of
it!!
So we won't be seeing you at Miniatures either? if you are each day
working again. What a pity. Never mind, you've had a little taste g.
..

In article , Flossy
writes
Today I went for an interview for a job that I was not qualified for but
thought sounded interesting......I got the job !!!!

Thats the good news.

The bad news is that means that I have to give up my C&G college course as I
will be working Mon - Fri so cannot attend. Im gutted.........I was so enjoying
it.

My new employer is a High School who have said that it shouldnt be a problem if
I want to join the A level textile course so that is a possibility which would
compensate a little for giving up the other course.

Straight after the interview I had to go to a funeral of a good friend.All in
all the day has been quite draining so Im off now to relax with a G&T (large)

Flossy
Malvern England
***** Queen of Plaids ******
http://photos.yahoo.com/flossy3353

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 9th 03, 11:03 PM
Kate Dicey

Flossy wrote:

Today I went for an interview for a job that I was not qualified for but
thought sounded interesting......I got the job !!!!

Thats the good news.

The bad news is that means that I have to give up my C&G college course as I
will be working Mon - Fri so cannot attend. Im gutted.........I was so enjoying
it.

My new employer is a High School who have said that it shouldnt be a problem if
I want to join the A level textile course so that is a possibility which would
compensate a little for giving up the other course.

Straight after the interview I had to go to a funeral of a good friend.All in
all the day has been quite draining so Im off now to relax with a G&T (large)

Flossy
Malvern England
***** Queen of Plaids ******
http://photos.yahoo.com/flossy3353

Great job news! What will you be doing?

A large G&T after a funeral sounds good - you should be nicely 'relaxed'
after that!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old July 10th 03, 12:00 AM
frood

Default Good News and Bad ( A draining day )

Ain't that the way life goes? Bad and good all mixed up together. Spike and
Giles send bouncy hugs, and say go have a cuppa and some chocolate.

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old July 10th 03, 07:14 AM
Flossy

So we won't be seeing you at Miniatures either? if you are each day
working again. What a pity. Never mind, you've had a little taste g.

Im hoping ........fingers and things crossed that from time to time I will be
able to 'flex' a bit and maybe be able to come to miniatures.....Our school
holiday plan will be OK as I dont work during the hols

Old July 10th 03, 12:57 PM
CHARLES MURPHY

Reminds me of a Sunshine and Shadows quilt....but both happy and sad in ONE
day is lot....Good luck with the new job and sorry aout your friend.

--
Mauvice in Central WI USA

Old July 10th 03, 02:24 PM
Roberta Zollner

Congrats on the job! What does it entail? Is the A-level textiles at all
comparable to C&G?
Roberta in D

Old July 10th 03, 04:01 PM
Flossy

Congrats on the job! What does it entail? Is the A-level textiles at all
comparable to C&G?
Roberta in D

Thanks Roberta. The job is IT Support Manager and as for the A level Im not
exactly sure what the syllabus entails. You do have to design and make an item
which I hope could be a quilt. I would then get the best of both worlds as I'd
be quilting whilst getting a qualification.

Old July 11th 03, 12:29 AM
Musicmaker

Oh gosh - I can see why you're both bappy and sad!

--
Lady Cynthia, Royal Musicmaker

http://photos.yahoo.com/cbet_99
http://www.one-eleven.net/~music/