OT more me Me MEEEE ! eyes

Old August 10th 12, 05:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default OT more me Me MEEEE ! eyes

Happy day, oh happy day. Both my distance vision bionic lens and my only
one-week old close vision lens are settling in and getting better by the
hour.
How you would laugh at when I walk the yorkie about sunset. Have to wear
a hat and sunglasses since I'm so not used to seeing light. really.
Colors are glorious. Yogi just HAD to go out about 3 am and I got to
see the morning star for the first time.
There wasn't a whole lot easy about this journey. It's 'just' my eyes,
you know? and I'm such a coward but I was never alone.
Anyhow. I've graduated. 20-20 in both eyes.
Tomorrow, I can wear eye make-up. Not likely since Friday is house
cleaning day but I just might gussy up with make up and wear high heels.
When you grow old and need help with your vision, call on me. I'll hold
your hand. Polly

Old August 10th 12, 06:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_5_]

Very happy for you Polly.
I wish I had 20-20 vision.

Dee in Oz

Old August 10th 12, 06:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ursula Schrader

"Polly Esther" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Happy day, oh happy day. Both my distance vision bionic lens and my only
one-week old close vision lens are settling in and getting better by the
hour.
How you would laugh at when I walk the yorkie about sunset. Have to
wear a hat and sunglasses since I'm so not used to seeing light. really.
Colors are glorious. Yogi just HAD to go out about 3 am and I got to
see the morning star for the first time.
There wasn't a whole lot easy about this journey. It's 'just' my
eyes, you know? and I'm such a coward but I was never alone.
Anyhow. I've graduated. 20-20 in both eyes.
Tomorrow, I can wear eye make-up. Not likely since Friday is house
cleaning day but I just might gussy up with make up and wear high heels.
When you grow old and need help with your vision, call on me. I'll
hold your hand. Polly

Oh, I'm glad that things did work out so well for you. I don't know what I
would do if I ever lost my eyesight. Isn't it great to live in times when
it's possible to have old body parts replaced? ;-) Me, I am saving money to
get me varifocals since I found that my close-range eyesight has been
deteriorating since I got my last pair of glasses about a year and a half
ago. After asking how old I was (turning 45 this September), the optometrist
mentioned with a gloating smile that at my advanced age it was normal to
suffer a dramatically worsening eyesight. However, he assured me that after
an initial 'drop', things would stabilise to needing a new pair of glasses
only every five years. Thank you, sir!

Anyway, now that you have your new lenses, do go ahead, create something
spectacularly colourful and tiny-stitched! :-)

U.

Old August 10th 12, 12:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
barnyowl[_2_]

Same situation when I turned that age group too! I did try bifocals but
didn't get along with them at all - eventually, I opted for a separate pair
of reading glasses for everything. Last testing: I am using the reading
glasses for permanent vision - I haven't worn my distance glasses for months
and my doctor told me that if it works for me - good for me! She said that
she could give me a new prescription for 'actual' reading but I said that I
was more comfortable to do any book reading without wearing glasses (same
for any hand sewing) .. it has worked out less expensive over the last
several years since distance and close prescriptions changed so slightly
with each test that it was optional whether either had to be changed at all.
Barnyowl

Old August 10th 12, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Oh boy do I Ever remember that one. Grumpy eye doctor said, " A woman Your
AGE would have to be highly motivated to wear contact lenses."
That was just like waving a red flag in front of me. That was when I was
about 45 too. Just a kid. Polly

"Ursula Schrader" wrote, in part After asking how old I was (turning 45

Old August 10th 12, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Excellent! WooHoo! I know this has to have been a pretty stressful event
for you and Mr. Esther. I am glad it is done and the results are to be
enjoyed. Good for you.
Hugs, Taria

Old August 10th 12, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy from GA

On Friday, August 10, 2012 12:22:28 AM UTC-4, Polly Esther wrote:
Happy day, oh happy day. Both my distance vision bionic lens and my only

one-week old close vision lens are settling in and getting better by the

hour.

How you would laugh at when I walk the yorkie about sunset. Have to wear

a hat and sunglasses since I'm so not used to seeing light. really.

Colors are glorious. Yogi just HAD to go out about 3 am and I got to

see the morning star for the first time.

There wasn't a whole lot easy about this journey. It's 'just' my eyes,

you know? and I'm such a coward but I was never alone.

Anyhow. I've graduated. 20-20 in both eyes.

Tomorrow, I can wear eye make-up. Not likely since Friday is house

cleaning day but I just might gussy up with make up and wear high heels.

When you grow old and need help with your vision, call on me. I'll hold

your hand. Polly

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - that is fantastic news Polly. I am so happy for you. Time to go exploring

Cindy
Old August 11th 12, 08:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 10/08/2012 05:22, Polly Esther wrote:
Happy day, oh happy day. Both my distance vision bionic lens and my
only one-week old close vision lens are settling in and getting better
by the hour.
How you would laugh at when I walk the yorkie about sunset. Have to wear
a hat and sunglasses since I'm so not used to seeing light. really.
Colors are glorious. Yogi just HAD to go out about 3 am and I got to see
the morning star for the first time.
There wasn't a whole lot easy about this journey. It's 'just' my eyes,
you know? and I'm such a coward but I was never alone.
Anyhow. I've graduated. 20-20 in both eyes.
Tomorrow, I can wear eye make-up. Not likely since Friday is house
cleaning day but I just might gussy up with make up and wear high heels.
When you grow old and need help with your vision, call on me. I'll hold
your hand. Polly

I am so glad it worked well for you. Sight is so precious.

I was SUCH a coward about my laser eye repair for the torn retina last
year, and that episode has taken its toll visually*, so I know how
terrifying the whole eye thing is from the inside.

*Technically I have lost a few light receptors to the 450 or so laser
blasts they 'stitched' it back with, but the brain very quickly
compensates for that. The thing that is different is that I have many
more permanent 'floaters', I am far more sensitive to bright light, and
that eye is slower to adapt than the other. But I CAN SEE! So joy is
unconfined.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old August 12th 12, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

That's just wonderful, Polly! Enjoy your new 'eyes!'

-Irene

On Thu, 9 Aug 2012 23:22:28 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

Happy day, oh happy day. Both my distance vision bionic lens and my only
one-week old close vision lens are settling in and getting better by the
hour.
How you would laugh at when I walk the yorkie about sunset. Have to wear
a hat and sunglasses since I'm so not used to seeing light. really.
Colors are glorious. Yogi just HAD to go out about 3 am and I got to
see the morning star for the first time.
There wasn't a whole lot easy about this journey. It's 'just' my eyes,
you know? and I'm such a coward but I was never alone.
Anyhow. I've graduated. 20-20 in both eyes.
Tomorrow, I can wear eye make-up. Not likely since Friday is house
cleaning day but I just might gussy up with make up and wear high heels.
When you grow old and need help with your vision, call on me. I'll hold
your hand. Polly

my eyes are going.... betsey Needlework 22 August 15th 12 04:09 PM
The eyes have it... Kate XXXXXX Quilting 15 September 5th 11 12:28 PM
Up to my eyes maryd Quilting 0 December 17th 04 08:14 PM
Eyes need help MoragP Quilting 2 September 22nd 04 10:17 PM
Vs: OT-My eyes and me Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 2 August 20th 03 02:55 AM