buying fine pins?

Old May 28th 12, 06:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shirley Shone[_3_]

Default buying fine pins?

On 28/05/2012 02:29, Polly Esther wrote:
My straight pins are rough and old. ( So are my hands but that's beside
the point.) I fell in love with a Jewel Box quilt at the Biloxi quilt
show and knew I needed to make one of red, white and blue for a Wounded
Warriors quilt. I need long, thin, sharp flat-head pins. You'd
understand if you saw how many HSTs there are to match in this quilt.
Obviously it's been a while since I've pin shopped. Anyone here bought
some recently that were fine? Polly

Would these do

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hemline-Flow...8227543&sr=8-1

--
Shirley
www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old May 28th 12, 07:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Thank you, Shirley, but I hope I've found some that are skinnier. For the
life of me, I can't imagine measuring around a pin but the Clover 2510
claims a .45 mm. We shall see. Polly

"Shirley Shone"

Old May 28th 12, 08:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article ,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

I spent a little time wandering around the net; discovered Clover makes a
long flat head they say is ultra fine for 'shear' fabrics. =) Ordered
some from shiboridragon - a new source (to me). I also set out the
CornHuskers lotion in full view so I'll remember to use it. No scent, no
oily feel but it is good stuff. Polly

I hope they work well! I love Clover extra fine pins, but mine have the
glass top not the flat head. I also love the Iris ones that others have
recommended.

So nice to have good pins that don't ever catch or snag and barely
ripple the fabric.

Do check before you iron over your new pins (if you do that sort of
thing) not all pins like that and the tops will melt.

Not saying I've done that myself.... :-)
marcella
Old May 28th 12, 09:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 28/05/2012 02:29, Polly Esther wrote:
My straight pins are rough and old. ( So are my hands but that's beside
the point.) I fell in love with a Jewel Box quilt at the Biloxi quilt
show and knew I needed to make one of red, white and blue for a Wounded
Warriors quilt. I need long, thin, sharp flat-head pins. You'd
understand if you saw how many HSTs there are to match in this quilt.
Obviously it's been a while since I've pin shopped. Anyone here bought
some recently that were fine? Polly

Clover do a really good range of long fine pins that are REALLY sharp.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old May 29th 12, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak[_2_]

On Sun, 27 May 2012 20:29:21 -0500, Polly Esther wrote
(in article ):

My straight pins are rough and old. ( So are my hands but that's beside the
point.) I fell in love with a Jewel Box quilt at the Biloxi quilt show and
knew I needed to make one of red, white and blue for a Wounded Warriors
quilt. I need long, thin, sharp flat-head pins. You'd understand if you
saw how many HSTs there are to match in this quilt. Obviously it's been a
while since I've pin shopped. Anyone here bought some recently that were
fine? Polly

Clover is making some really long, thin pins they call patchwork pins.

Maureen