New use, batting roll

Old March 21st 12, 01:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default New use, batting roll

You're going to love this. DH's high school class reunion is coming up. I
found a special silk ribbon crocheted top but the wonderful matching skirt
is only available in "X" sizes. ( You'll remember that you have only 2
token skinny people here and I am one.) The skirt is floral, fluted, whirly
georgette. Taking it up in the waist is no big deal and taking out 18 or so
inches in length isn't either. Letting it droop, sag, grow and then Level
more of a challenge.
Aha. I noticed the roll of batting standing guard in the guest room.
Yessss. She may have to suffer a bit of a corset to suck her waistline in
but I can count on her to be perfectly level and very patient and still.
DD asked at Christmas did I really need two rolls of batting. Little
did she know. Polly

Old March 21st 12, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

multi purpose batting is a good thing. DD is lucky to have a willing
to work with the stretchy stuff. How long will it need to 'hang around'
before you can hem it?
Taria

Old March 21st 12, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Good question, Taria. I don't know. I only remember that it must be done
so that any plans the skirt has to stretch will go ahead and get it over
with. Polly

Old March 26th 12, 12:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 21/03/2012 01:59, Polly Esther wrote:
You're going to love this. DH's high school class reunion is coming up.
I found a special silk ribbon crocheted top but the wonderful matching
skirt is only available in "X" sizes. ( You'll remember that you have
only 2 token skinny people here and I am one.) The skirt is floral,
fluted, whirly georgette. Taking it up in the waist is no big deal and
taking out 18 or so inches in length isn't either. Letting it droop,
sag, grow and then Level more of a challenge.
Aha. I noticed the roll of batting standing guard in the guest room.
Yessss. She may have to suffer a bit of a corset to suck her waistline
in but I can count on her to be perfectly level and very patient and still.
DD asked at Christmas did I really need two rolls of batting. Little did
she know. Polly

I frequently use batting and poly toy stuffing to 'augment' my dress
dummies - especially if I need one in a corset!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old March 26th 12, 02:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Any complaints? Polly
"Kate XXXXXX" wrote
I frequently use batting and poly toy stuffing to 'augment' my dress
dummies - especially if I need one in a corset!

Where to keep a roll of batting? Polly Esther[_5_] Quilting 23 June 22nd 10 07:45 PM
Bamboo Batting - Soy Batting - pros and cons please DiMa Quilting 6 October 14th 08 09:01 AM
on a roll maryd[_3_] Quilting 0 December 3rd 07 05:09 AM
Roll Call! frood Quilting 318 February 2nd 05 02:38 PM
ROLL CALL Scott Williams Quilting 10 January 12th 05 04:05 AM