Time....Thanks to all

Old September 22nd 06, 01:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Default Time....Thanks to all

I wish I could reply separately to all of you, since you were kind enough to
take time to think about my little problem.

Since I don't have the small blocks of "waiting" time except at stop lights,
the hand work isn't really much of an option. Though I remember making lots
of sweaters and Christmas gifts while my son was at band/hockey/play
practice! Mother is nearly deaf and needs me at her side when she consults
with medical people. Most of the time I spend with her is much-needed
social visiting (she gets lonely), taking her to the stores and shopping
areas, and doing the household/yard chores and heavy work she can't manage
any more.

That said, so many of you recommended Organization of the sewing space (so
that I can snatch a few minutes here and there when I'm home) that I feel
you have given me a good and viable way to get back to sewing. Therefore I
have decreed Saturday and Sunday afternoons as "Organization Time" this
weekend, and will devote that time to the sewing/computer room. Nothing
short of a plumbing or family emergency will deter me from my self-appointed
task! I particularly like the idea of leaving the sewing machine set up and
the current project laid out ready to sew. After all, since I live alone
there is no one to complain about the fabric and tools on the craft table!

Organization is not my strong point, so I'll have to work at it. But the
end result is so worth it! And I will make a point of revisiting the Fly
Lady site and picking up more help there.

Thanks again, fellow RCTQers! I love seeing the ideas that come from you
all during these discussions.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old September 22nd 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

WTG My machine hasn't been put away since I moved into
this house (nearly five years).

If my visitors object I would be surprised as so many bring
their machines to sew with me.

Does your mother sew at all? Could this be something you
could do together at all?

--
Cheryl & the Cats
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

:
[...]
: --
: Carolyn in The Old Pueblo
:
: If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green
: If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. --Carolyn McCarty
:
: If at first you don't succeed, switch to power
ools. --Red Green
: If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger
ammer. --Carolyn McCarty
:
:

Old September 22nd 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Torrens

My sewing machine never gets "put away".
I have always worked in small increments of time, between other chores,
kids, etc.
Now that DH and I are retired, I still work that way!

--
Susan in Kingston ON
trying to get all the fall projects completed

http://community.webshots.com/user/sbtinkingston

Old September 23rd 06, 10:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sarah Dixon

I don't know whether it would be at all possible for you to hire someone
to come into your mothers to do the heavy cleaning or do her shopping
etc this would give you a break, give her some company and mean that the
time you spend with her could be fun time. My neighbours daughter has
just done this otherwise she spent all her "free" time cleaning and
doing the housework. From my own experience looking after a different
neighbour, I started to feel resentful of the time I was spending doing
things for her when I then didn't have the time to spend doing what I
wanted. I cut back when DS asked if I didn't love him anymore because I
hadn't kissed him goodnight for several nights (I had been looking after
the neighbour & he was already asleep when I got back)

AS I said it might not be possible for finance reasons or because your
mother doesn't want a stranger in the house.

Take care of yourself

Sarah

OT - Story: Time Flies Kathy N-V Beads 2 January 18th 05 05:25 PM
FBI SADISM, PERVERSION, MENTAL TORTURE and BLATANT human rights violations vicky Yarn 5 October 12th 04 07:30 AM
Panic Attack Time starlia Beads 76 March 14th 04 02:39 AM
Advice needed for foster situation - breeders pls. read LeeAnne Quilting 2 September 13th 03 12:12 AM
The first time LQS visit MerryStahel Quilting 1 September 7th 03 12:24 PM