A funny thing happened when I moved my stash

Old July 3rd 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Valerie in FL

Default A funny thing happened when I moved my stash

I bought myself a new sewing machine cabinet and decided to paint my sewing
room a not-too-bright yellow last week, before it arrived. I figured I'd
just paint around my cabinets rather than move them, since when we sell this
place (in 10 years or so, when DH retires) I'll have to repaint anyway. I
did, however, decide to remove my stash from the open shelving and remove
the shelves and paint behind them.

When I started I had absolutely no room for more fabric; my shelves were
full. I removed my stash, stacking it in my family room, and removed the
shelves. DH looked at it and said, "How the hell much fabric do you have?"
Luckily for him, he was grinning when he said it.

I painted, replaced the shelves, and replaced my stash. I have the
equivalent of 2-24" shelves empty now! How did that happen? Now I have to
buy more. Darn it-a quilter's work is never done!

--
Valerie in FL
My quilts: http://community.webshots.com/user/vjkahler

Old July 3rd 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nana2b

Magic Paint! Linda in Tx

Old July 3rd 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Did Frood or Pat come and help you paint?

Patti in Seattle

Old July 3rd 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Chipper

LOL!
chipper

Old July 3rd 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

I resemble that remark!!
ROFL, PAT in VA

Old July 3rd 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

This made me giggle!!
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

. ..

Old July 3rd 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

count your lucky stars I wasn't there to "help"

--
Jessamy - got empty sea chest can travel!
In The Netherlands

Old July 4th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
frood

Arr! Dead men tell no tales.

--
Wendy (or something)
un-STUFF email address to reply

Old July 4th 06, 06:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default Fabric gnomes .. was: A funny thing happened when I moved mystash

Howdy!

Fabric gnomes:
http://mimikirchner.com/blog/archives/2005/11/

http://www.hoofnet.com/gnarlies/

More gnomes:

http://tinyurl.com/esrs8

Ragmop/Sandy

On 7/3/06 7:35 PM, in article
, "desert quilter"
wrote:

Hmmm. Sounds like an attack of the dreaded fabric gnome!

Michelle in NV