some new things happening

Old November 20th 05, 12:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default some new things happening

Hi group,
Well, I've not had a lot of time to write, although I've been reading every
few days. So... Congrats to all that need it, condolences to others, and you
know how I feel about all of you.

I've been busy with my OES stuff. I've had 3 Official Visits so far with 6
more to go in the next few months. I'm out an average of 3 nights a week
travelling around the district. I'm having fun with this, which makes it so
much easier. this week I will be out Mon, Tues, Wed, and Thurs. :-) Then the
next week I'm only out one night, so I get a rest.

On another note, my sister (the one with the very bad heart and vascular
dementia) is moving in with us the end of January. She is on disability, and
just can't make ends meet in an apt. So... we are in the process of figuring
out what to get rid of and where to move the rest to, out of Mom's room to
make room for her and her stuff. Should be an interesting time ahead for all
of us.

Oh, and my oldest sister got word today that Mom's headstone is in place. So
tomorrow we are going to the cemetery to see it. I think I'll take some
flowers, even though they will probably only last the one day before they
are frozen.

We had a friend with cancer pass away this past week. A couple of us were
going up to the hospital and spelling each other to stay with her through
the night so she wouldn't be alone. She was so deep with morphine... I told
her that when she was ready to go, Mom would be there to greet her, and then
a few days later...Oh! I had the most wonderful dream! Mom came to see me
and we hugged and told each other how much we missed each other. I asked Mom
where she is now, and she said she couldn't tell me, but that it was very
beautiful. Our friend passed away less than 12 hours after I had the dream.

Well, that's all for now.
--
In Star love and friendship,
Norma Woods

Old November 20th 05, 03:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Norma" wrote in message
.. .
Hi group,
Well, I've not had a lot of time to write, although I've been reading
every few days. So... Congrats to all that need it, condolences to others,
and you know how I feel about all of you.

I've been busy with my OES stuff. I've had 3 Official Visits so far with 6
more to go in the next few months. I'm out an average of 3 nights a week
travelling around the district. I'm having fun with this, which makes it
so much easier. this week I will be out Mon, Tues, Wed, and Thurs. :-)
Then the next week I'm only out one night, so I get a rest.

Whew! And a much needed and deserved rest too!

On another note, my sister (the one with the very bad heart and vascular
dementia) is moving in with us the end of January. She is on disability,
and just can't make ends meet in an apt. So... we are in the process of
figuring out what to get rid of and where to move the rest to, out of
Mom's room to make room for her and her stuff. Should be an interesting
time ahead for all of us.

I'm sorry to hear about your sister's health problems. I hope everything
works out for all of you, and that the moving in works out for all involved.

Oh, and my oldest sister got word today that Mom's headstone is in place.
So tomorrow we are going to the cemetery to see it. I think I'll take some
flowers, even though they will probably only last the one day before they
are frozen.

I'm sure your Mom would appreciate them whether they are frozen or not.

Gotta tell you (this kind of hit Matthew and myself funny), my Mom always
hated artificial flowers and used to say (long before she ever even had her
first stroke) "When I die, don't put artificial flowers on my grave!"
Well, the first visit my oldest sister made back to town after our Mom
passed away, she brought a bouquet of yellow silk roses in a container and
stuck the spike on the container down into the ground to hold it there
nicely. Nice gesture as yellow roses were our Mom's favorite flowers... but
not artificial. Two days later Matthew and I went to the cemetery (and
there had been no wind for a couple of days) and there was the container of
artificial flowers about three feet away from her gravesite. We looked at
each other and started to laugh, knowing that my Mom would have been
laughing too. I picked up the container and put it back into the ground
where my sister had put it, and said "Okay Ma, I know you don't like
artificial flowers, but Mary put them here and she would be really mad if I
take them away, so I have to put them back."

A few days later, the same thing happened. This went on for about three
months, then finally one day I went up and the flowers were waaaaay over in
a field beyond the edge of the cemetery. I guess she REALLY didn't want
them there! LOL I finally *had* to tell my sister, and I told her that
our Mom didn't like artificial flowers. She got all sulky (my Mom would
have looked toward the ceiling about that) and said "Well, I can't very well
put REAL flowers there, they would be gone in no time!" It doesn't
matter... Matthew and I plant flowers there for both my parents throughout
the spring and summer, and then put Christmas Wreaths there around this time
of the year until spring thaw when we can get back up there again.

We had a friend with cancer pass away this past week. A couple of us were
going up to the hospital and spelling each other to stay with her through
the night so she wouldn't be alone. She was so deep with morphine... I
told her that when she was ready to go, Mom would be there to greet her,
and then a few days later...Oh! I had the most wonderful dream! Mom came
to see me and we hugged and told each other how much we missed each other.
I asked Mom where she is now, and she said she couldn't tell me, but that
it was very beautiful. Our friend passed away less than 12 hours after I
had the dream.

I am so sorry about your friend, Norma, but that is so nice that you had
such a loving dream about your Mom. See, they are always with us, even
though it sometimes doesn't feel like it.

*hugs*
Gem

Old November 20th 05, 04:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Norma" spun a very fine yarn in message
.. .
Hi group,
Well, I've not had a lot of time to write, although I've been reading
every few days. So... Congrats to all that need it, condolences to others,
and you know how I feel about all of you.

And you know how WE feel about YOU, Norma!

I've been busy with my OES stuff. I've had 3 Official Visits so far with 6
more to go in the next few months. I'm out an average of 3 nights a week
travelling around the district. I'm having fun with this, which makes it
so much easier. this week I will be out Mon, Tues, Wed, and Thurs. :-)
Then the next week I'm only out one night, so I get a rest.

On another note, my sister (the one with the very bad heart and vascular
dementia) is moving in with us the end of January. She is on disability,
and just can't make ends meet in an apt. So... we are in the process of
figuring out what to get rid of and where to move the rest to, out of
Mom's room to make room for her and her stuff. Should be an interesting
time ahead for all of us.

Oh, Norma!

Oh, and my oldest sister got word today that Mom's headstone is in place.
So tomorrow we are going to the cemetery to see it. I think I'll take some
flowers, even though they will probably only last the one day before they
are frozen.

There's something of a real 'closure' in actually 'seeing' the headstone....

We had a friend with cancer pass away this past week. A couple of us were
going up to the hospital and spelling each other to stay with her through
the night so she wouldn't be alone. She was so deep with morphine... I
told her that when she was ready to go, Mom would be there to greet her,
and then a few days later...Oh! I had the most wonderful dream! Mom came
to see me and we hugged and told each other how much we missed each other.
I asked Mom where she is now, and she said she couldn't tell me, but that
it was very beautiful. Our friend passed away less than 12 hours after I
had the dream.

Never underestimate the power of the 'beyond'.
I'm sure your friend is truly 'happy' now, and I'm glad your Mom came to you
in a dream.

Well, that's all for now.
--
In Star love and friendship,
Norma Woods

Miss you, LOTS, Norma!
Hugs,
Noreen

Old November 20th 05, 08:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Great to hear from you, Norma. It sounds as though you are really enjoying
your time with OES. How long is your term of office?
I am sorry to hear of your sister's illness. I will add both of you to my
prayer list.
Also sorry to hear of your friend's death, but at least she is at peace now.

Higs,
Katherine

Old November 20th 05, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Norma,

It's good to hear from you and all you are doing. Just be careful with
the night driving if there's snow around. Not the best time of year to
be out and about.

I do hope things work out with you and your sister living together and
your Mom approves. Maybe that's why the dream, she wanted to tell you
that she is all right with it and to welcome your friend.

Hugs,

Nora

Old November 21st 05, 01:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Norma wrote:
[...]

Dear Sister,

It is so nice to hear from you Norma.

I am so sorry that in such a busy year so much has happened. I know how
busy you are and you are in our prayers.

I am trying to get in more often now and will try to keep in touch.

Star love and God bless,

Dennis & Gail

P.P. & P.M.
Old November 21st 05, 01:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Thank you to Gem, Noreen, Katherine, and Nora. I am in office for one year.
(thank goodness!) I don't think I could do it for any longer. LOL I am so
lucky that I have a lot of support from my home chapter. I never travel
alone, and we usually share the driving. If I take my car, then I will drive
to the place and one of the others will drive home. And I thank the Lord
every day for DH. I sure couldn't do this without his help.

We were laughing the other day. There will be a reception/roast for me at
the end of my year. I am taking the paper work I have to carry everywhere I
go, with me in a rolling briefcase. I sure couldn't carry it! I keep getting
asked if I'm planning to stay the night where ever I go. I wouldn't be
surprised if they don't do some kind of skit featuring a really big
suitcase! LOL

We went up to the cemetery today. The stone is lovely, except that the star
they put on it isn't an "Eastern Star". So I was feeling quite upset at
that. I am going to go and see the monument company tomorrow and try to get
them to put a proper one on it. The star is supposed to be between the
dates - and they did put a small star there- but now they will have to put
one up in the right hand corner. At least I'm hoping that they will. The one
they used wouldn't even tell an OES member that she belonged. Wish me luck
with this, ok?

Nora, I think you are right about Mom's visit. I think she is approving,
too, and I do think she came to help Evelyn.

--
In Star love and friendship,
Norma Woods

Old November 21st 05, 03:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Norma wrote:
[...]

Yannow what, Norma? I think that you are a fabulous Grand Matron (?), and
that they should try to keep you!

Higs,
Katherine

Old November 21st 05, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Katherine" wrote in message
Norma wrote:
[...]

Hell, WE just think she's a fabulous PERSON, much less fabulous Grand
Matron, We only LENT her to OES for a year, they have to give her back to
us!
LOLOL!
Noreen
we're NOT gonna let them KEEP her, slaps Katherine silly with a lambskin
glove and runs like the dickens.

Old November 21st 05, 10:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

The YARNWRIGHT wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message
Norma wrote:
[...]

You have a point, Noreen. What *was* I thinking??? g

Higs,
Katherine