AD kinda.... Taking color requests

Old September 10th 03, 03:23 PM
Tink

Glad you guys like that... I adore Kristina's work. It's obvious that the
dots/bumps are an integral part of the design, well thought out and expertly
applied. I think more than anything, I like doing dots/bumps because of the
difficulty in doing it 'right'.

--

Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Sign Up Now For Fall Workshops!
Hollows, Vessels & Florals...

"laura" wrote in message

"MargieK" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:01:18 GMT, "Tink"
wrote:

Here's a link for bumplovers:
http://kristinalogan.com/portfolio-b.htm

Now those are the kind of bumps I like. Wow!

Yes, I normally am not a fan of bumps, but those are really well done!

Laura

Old September 10th 03, 04:37 PM
Diana Curtis

Sometimes I like them, there are those of you who make them look like an
integral part of the design and there are those who seem to put them on as
an afterthought.. or as in. what else can I do to these beads.
So, I have revised my opinion on bumps..I used to hate them no matter what.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
bumps are tactile, and deep looking. I love them, but some do and some
don't.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Ocean ocean ocean. Teal, blue, green -- all swirly. No bumps. (What is

it
with the bumps? Am I the only one who doesn't get the bumps?)

ang.
____________________________
angelfish handcrafted baubles
http://thehalsteds.com/angelfish

Old September 10th 03, 04:39 PM
Tink

What a wonderful thing to say! And I know you wouldn't say it if you didn't
mean it, too. It means a lot to me...

--

"laura" wrote in message

"Tink" wrote in message
Glad you guys like that... I adore Kristina's work. It's obvious that

the
dots/bumps are an integral part of the design, well thought out and

expertly
applied. I think more than anything, I like doing dots/bumps because of

the
difficulty in doing it 'right'.

I have never seen a Tink bead I didn't like Don't like all bumps, but

love just about anything that is artfully and expertly crafted, as all

your
stuff is.

Laura

Old September 11th 03, 12:14 AM
Deirdre S.

Whoa! Those are bumps that could grow on me ...

If you can do bumps that are -that- integral to the design, I say go
for it!

Deirdre

Old September 11th 03, 01:58 AM
Barbara Otterson

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 01:39:42 -0500, "starlia"
wrote:

One of my best friend's daughter have adopted my hubby and I as her second
parents. I was quite honored by that description. She is the same age as
my oldest daughter and I am always asking her point of view on jewelry and
stuff for the girls. Often times I include her in all the stuff.

Before my "baby" left for boot camp he got me a
replacement son, Sean. Matt and Sean were (are)
very close. Matt knew how desolate I would feel
when he left, so he arranged for Sean to be my son
in his absence. And Sean (who has had many, many
run-ins with the law) has really taken it to heart. He
mows our lawn, house sits, whatever. By his own
mom's admission, he has burned others who have
tried to help him, but I'm hoping Jim and I will be the
ones who can actually pull him through. He's really a
great kid. His dad died of a heart attack right in front
of him several years ago and that messed him up,
drinking, drugs, etc.
He's off drugs now and I think he's ready to pull
the loose ends of his life together. But it's so hard
to listen to your birth mom at that age (about 19). I
have taken him on as my apprentice. He was
supposed to start yesterday, but I spent the time I
was supposed to be with him in the ER.
Seems I am hyperthyroid and I have some kind
of viral inner-ear thing where the only symptoms
are dizziness (to the point of vomiting if I try to eat)
and exhaustion. Add that to the exhaustion of the
hyperthyroid thing, and I'm really wiped. At least
I have answers! Of course the only drug that stops
the vertigo enough for me to eat makes me sleep
for 4 hours when I take it. And I have to take it
every 6 to 8 hours.
Anyway, when he found out that I had been in the
ER he was so worried. Came over, gave me lots of
hugs, kept asking what he could do for me, etc. I
think he's not only salvageable, but a keeper.
Hopefully Jim and I can get him to take a class or
two at the community college -- then push him the
rest of the way thru to a degree. This is the first time
in 10 years that we haven't had one of "our" kids in
college! It feels weird.
The telling part of who he is was when we were
out of town over the weekend. He was housesitting
and took our dog for a walk. The rottweiler down the
street got loose and attacked our little whippet. Sean
grabbed up LB (short for Lord Byron) and put him
over his shoulders, then beat off the rott. LB ended
up losing a 2" x 2" piece of hide on his butt, but that's
all.
Good kid. No, great kid. I see great things in his
future.
Barbara
Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

"We've got two lives, one we're given,
the other one we make."
Mary Chapin Carpenter
Old September 11th 03, 02:48 AM
starlia

He sounds like a keeper. Now if I could get my adopted daughter (age 15) to
drop her 19 year old boyfriend things would be great. Did I mention that he
is married? With a child? And another on the way? Oh, and then he got her
pregnant and made her get an abortion because he can't afford three kids.
UGH!

DH absolutely without a doubt hates this man. So much now that he will not
be in the same place at the same time with him. He loses a lot of time with
DD though.

She reminds me so much of myself at that age. I just wished those rose
colored glasses would fall off and break.

Old September 11th 03, 02:48 AM
angela

See, now that's a whole different thing. I don't mind those bumps at all!

ang.
____________________________
angelfish handcrafted baubles
http://thehalsteds.com/angelfish

"Tink" wrote ..
I know *exactly* what you mean, Diana! Here's a link for bumplovers:
http://kristinalogan.com/portfolio-b.htm

Old September 11th 03, 03:31 AM
starlia

There are laws as long as the parents enforce it. They are scared that if
they tell her she can't see him, that she will do it behind their backs. He
left his wife, etc, but he is a low life. He is a slacker and isn't good
enough for her. I've met some of the other guys that fawn all over her, and
they would be tons better. At least not married.

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 21:48:48 -0400, starlia wrote
(in message ):

He sounds like a keeper. Now if I could get my adopted daughter (age

drop her 19 year old boyfriend things would be great. Did I mention

that he
is married? With a child? And another on the way? Oh, and then he got

her
pregnant and made her get an abortion because he can't afford three

kids.
UGH!

Aren't there laws against statutory rape in your state? In Massachusetts,
this man would be in jail as a sex offender.

Kathy N-V

Old September 11th 03, 03:13 PM
starlia

Oh I agree all right that he's bad news. The idea of them together is
driving all of us crazy. I love her parents to death and we are all best
friends, but geez.

When she got pregnant all her dad could say was you must get an abortion.
Dan and I would have adopted the baby and always let it be in her life. We
gave her that option as well. However, between Dad and lowlife they
convinced her to get the abortion. Mom was of the opinion that she should
have the child, period.

Either way, I agree that he is a lowlife sex pervert. I would love to see
him behind bars.

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 22:31:28 -0400, starlia wrote
(in message ):

There are laws as long as the parents enforce it. They are scared that

if
they tell her she can't see him, that she will do it behind their backs.

He
left his wife, etc, but he is a low life. He is a slacker and isn't

good
enough for her. I've met some of the other guys that fawn all over her,

and
they would be tons better. At least not married.

Well, here he would be looking at serious jail time, along with time on
probation, as well as a lifetime as a registered sex offender. Part of

his
probation would be a restraining order to keep him from going within X00

feet
of this girl. She would not be allowed to see him in jail, and if he tried

call her from jail, he'd just be increasing his sentence.

I don't know many fifteen year old girls that would be willing to wait at
least three years with no contact just to get an unemployable sex offender
back at the end of that time.

With their age disparity, he is definitely using his power and age to sway

child for sexual purposes. He's definitely bad news.

Kathy N-V