A sign of Aging

Old August 4th 10, 12:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default A sign of Aging

On Aug 3, 6:30*pm, Carole-Retired and Loving It
wrote:
That's a gorgeous medicine chest! *I'm so very thankful that at age
68, I still don't have any need for something like that. *1 blood
pressure tablet and 1 Singulair tablet a day don't take up too much
room. However, I'm sure I could put that lovely piece of woodwork to
very good use for some other purpose!

On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 09:53:20 -0700 (PDT), John

wrote:
You know you are getting old, when you survey all the different
medicines you are taking, along with the dietary supplements, and over
the counter products, and have them come tumbling out of a storage
space when you open the door to access them.

Carole D. - Retired and loving it in the foothills of NW Georgia

My quilts, crafts, QIs, and more -http://home.windstream.net/caroledoyle

I have a brother-in-law who takes a baby asprin and that is it. He is
70 years old and I hate him. Just kidding.
John
Old August 4th 10, 01:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

dad takes one pill for thyroid a day that he has taken since the 60's.
That's it. He is almost 86 and keeps going and going.
Taria

Old August 4th 10, 02:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

At 93 my father takes a baby aspirin, and that is all.
Nice to know my genes are long lived like that, but my kidneys will
give out before then.

Ginger in CA

Old August 4th 10, 11:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie[_2_]

On 4 Aug, 02:53, John wrote:
You know you are getting old, when you survey all the different
medicines you are taking, along with the dietary supplements, and over
the counter products, and have them come tumbling out of a storage
space when you open the door to access them. This scenario was what
prompted the solution that came from my workshop and life is much more
organized and placid. The three entities in our house; My wife Lois,
Our dog Maggie, and myself, each take an escalating and bewildering
number of items which are attempting to stave off the effects of
aging. Knowing full well, that the only thing that will truly stave
off aging is death, the preferable alternative of various items of a
pharmacological nature would seem to be the better choice, if they
could just be contained. So down to the workshop and a few days later,
the attached picture is what has come to pass. I call it an Apothecary
Chest, as was popular in the 18th and 19th century, and used by
doctors and other medical practitioners. This is a rather dedicated
and therefore smaller and more compact version, but it fits the space
within the cabinet that housed all of the various potions and tonics,
and whatnots that make up the contents. The dimensions are 12" H x 22"
L x 11" D and it is made out of Pine. Bingo! Problem solved.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ljtaylor...erest#55012212...

John

You've clearly got too much time on your hands! Being as ancient as
you are.....
(The chest is lovely though)
Bronnie, 58 in a couple of weeks, ughh.
Old August 4th 10, 12:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Aug 4, 6:54*am, Bronnie wrote:
On 4 Aug, 02:53, John wrote:

[...]

Ah, to be 58 once again. I dimly remember those days. Early happy
birthday to you.
John
Old August 4th 10, 12:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Remember Fibber Magee's closet? We have it. No attic in this home so all
manner of 'might need' are crammed into that closet. Stadium seats, 8mm
film projector, electric fans . . . maybe a dozen old family bibles, dozens
more of scrap books and photo albums. The door to that closet should have
some sort of alarm on it to warn innocent bystanders. Maybe one of those
shrill 'backing up' things? Polly

"John" in part, it was getting kind of like Fibber
Magee's Closet of early radio fame. That last reference is
understandable to geezers. You young pups, will have to ask your
elders.
John

Old August 4th 10, 01:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

That's lovely! What a clever idea.
Roberta in D (thinking you might adopt me and I could be Misc.)

wrote:

[...]

http://picasaweb.google.com/ljtaylor...21250089146402

John

Old August 4th 10, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

We had a Magee's closet when I was growing up. And across the hall in
the linen cupboard was the mathom collection. My mother used both of
those terms, and I did also as a young girl. My schoolmates didn't
know what I was talking about

Ginger
heck with Magee's closet - my craft room looks like the expanded
version of that!

Old August 4th 10, 01:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 17:07:54 -0500, John wrote
(in article
):

That was
a first for us, as I supposed that the pet meds and people meds were
somehow different. Not so.

Not so at all. When our vet wanted to prescribe something for one of our
pets, she found the "vet" version of the gel wasn't made any more. So we
used the people version without problem.

Maureen

Old August 4th 10, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 03:54:35 -0700 (PDT), Bronnie
wrote:

Bronnie, 58 in a couple of weeks, ughh.

I'll be 57 in a week and a half, and I have to tell you it's a LOT
better than the alternative

-Irene

Anti aging skin care marvin lai Beads 1 January 8th 07 10:30 PM
aging question... The Larsons Quilting 21 May 16th 05 12:30 AM
Aging balsa wood Metis Artist Doll Houses 2 August 23rd 04 07:01 PM
aging and needlework ability BDS2pds Needlework 77 June 28th 04 05:53 PM
What's your sign? aeromom Needlework 31 August 25th 03 07:08 PM