DSisILs impending visit to MA

Old July 23rd 10, 05:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default DSisILs impending visit to MA

There's no surprise from me that the button show is in New Hampshire instead
of Massachusetts even if both of them have a Manchester. When Megwen wrote
that Pat on the Green's Hug had even travelled from " Bath to St Andrews
and back as well " I had no clue what sort of tour that might have been.
Actually we do really well communicating what with crossing ponds. Brings
to mind the time the Olympics were in Atlanta, Georgia, USA and the ticket
office could not provide tickets for anyone in New Mexico because they were
a foreign country. Polly

Old July 23rd 10, 09:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

So many of the place names around MA and NH are the same as places
around me I could be really thrown and think I had a near neighbour on
the Group! eg Ipswich, Haverhill, Norwich, Newmarket, and Middleton is a
small village just about 4 miles away! Lots more familiar names, but
they are more of a journey from me.

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

Old August 6th 10, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
deschuit

Default DSisILs impending visit to NH

Sally Swindells wrote:
Yes, it was me that had the wrong Manchester - at least I had the right
country!! I was thrown by the recommendations being for MA shops, but of
course as she flies in to New York she will drive through MA on her way
to the correct Manchester. I hadn't realised there were two Manchesters
fairly close together.

Its a good thing I'm not going as map-reader. This is especially true as
she has just told me gleefully that she has found a second-hand (she
lives in secondhand shops!) map of the USA. She says it is old but has
proper roads on it, not wagon trails! I am hoping she has a sat-nav in
the car!!!

She is quite a feisty lady with lots of confidence, so I am sure she
will return from her adventures safely.

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

Rita L. in MA wrote:

Hmmm... I was curious about the button show so I looked it up. It is
in Manchester, NH and not Manchester, MA. This may demand a different
list of shops. There are some quite close to the show hotel, I think,
but I need to check. I haven't shopped there in a while.

What is your preferred fabric color/type?

Rita

I would recommend Quilted Threads in Henniker, NH - they have all types
of fabrics. It is a very nice shop. Henniker is about 45 minutes from
Manchester, NH http://www.quiltedthreads.com/

There is also a small but cute quilt shop in Bedford, NH called Quilt
Patch. That shop is only about a 10-15 ride from where the downtown
Manchester where the Button convention will be.
http://www.thequiltpatchnh.com/

Kathy in NH

Nice visit Cheryl Isaak Needlework 2 July 8th 09 01:34 PM
Ot please visit Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 9 April 28th 07 02:10 PM
Ot please visit Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Needlework 3 April 27th 07 01:51 PM
Please Come Visit Jaenne Bonner Needlework 0 June 27th 05 10:15 PM
US visit. ESTELLE GALLAGHER Quilting 14 January 16th 04 09:04 PM