High precision scale or balance?

Old February 1st 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Default High precision scale or balance?

I appreciate your point of view, but I didn't find your argument
persuasive. If I understand it correctly, you believe that the scale
will not perform the intended task because it is not sufficiently
precise. Beyond that it's rather obscure, not least because you
didn't say which of the scales I mentioned you are referring to.

You made a good point that readability should not be confused with
precision. However, the specifications for the scales I am now
considering (all laboratory scales) typically offer linearity of +/-3
divisions and repeatability of +/-2 divisions. That is as much as I
need for the drugs I'm going to handle.

I mentioned that these meds cost me about $1/capsule. That adds up to
about $150/month. I checked the drug prices and found that if I load
my own capsules I will save about 90%, or $135/month. In this
situation, I don't think your observations about ego and marketspeak
are germane.

The scales I am considering are the Acculab VIC-123 (120 g capacity,
$250 retail), the Acculab VIC-303 (300 g capacity, $300 retail), and
the American Weigh miniPRO-30 (30 g capacity, $150 retail). If you
know of reasons why any or all of these won't do the job, I hope you
will share them and save me from making a costly mistake. But if none
of them will do it I hope you will suggest alternatives, since I will
pay what I must pay to get a tool that will do the job.

I have already thought about "how much is too much," and I decided
that my no-go point is about 4 months' savings, or $540. That's a lot
of money for scale, but $135/month for meds is a lot of money, too.

My email address is LLM041103 at earthlink dot net.

Block suggestions for large scale, spotty prints Adella Quilting 12 February 8th 05 07:09 AM
Figures (not dolls) for 1" scale Herb Doll Houses 0 November 13th 04 12:32 AM
Beads at high altitude Tinkster Beads 23 January 20th 04 06:54 AM
MT. DIABLO HIGH SCHOOL CONCORD, CA PHOTOS MT. DIABLO HIGH SCHOOL PHOTOS Quilting 0 October 9th 03 11:55 PM
Scale Herb Doll Houses 2 September 2nd 03 03:12 AM