OT Court update

Old August 31st 05, 05:25 AM
Mystified One

Default OT Court update

After a few ugly hours in court, the result was a draw--for now. The judge
appointed an ad-litem attorney for the children, so I'll be spending at
minimum $1800 on this guy. My ex's attorney is trying to find someone
different, claiming this guy charges too much. Truth is, she doesn't want
to face him.

In the meanwhile, ex got real upset when he realized that the police
department was still investigating the abuse he caused. More than likely,
there should be a warrant waiting for him the next time he shows up in
Texas.

It's really upsetting that a child that never should have seen him nude was
describing what this man looked like without his clothes on, and that he
feels he can pick this guy out of a photo line-up from the waist down. It's
even more upsetting that this creep thinks he should gain custody of my
other two children.

Keep praying. This is going to take a lot of energy, but is well worth the
fight.

Old August 31st 05, 07:51 AM
Joanna

I have not stopped praying for your kids and you! But I'll keep them coming.
Take Care
Joanna

--
Remove QUILT to reply

Old August 31st 05, 09:23 AM
Kate Dicey

Mystified One wrote:

[...]

Prayers continue for them and you. The draw is better than losing.
Take heart from the on-going police investigation. If the police have
enough o arrest him in Texas, surely he can be 'extradited' from
wherever he is now?

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old August 31st 05, 10:41 AM
Mystified One

The way the veins started popping out in his neck in the courtroom lets me
know that he's worried and upset. I'm sure he thought this was over and
that he'd never get caught.

He probably thinks he'll fight extradition if he's in California (where he
just moved), but if things go our way, he'll answer to what he's done. He's
been suicidal in the past, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if he opts to
take that way out instead of facing how he hurt this child.

Old August 31st 05, 02:47 PM
bckwrds

My prayers are with you and your loved ones. I've been
trying to get a local judge to appoint an guardian at litem
for my grandchildren but with no luck. Nice to learn that
justice is serving you well.

Donna
in WA

Old August 31st 05, 03:41 PM
Mystified One

We'll see what will happen when this is over. Justice hasn't done much but
drain our pocketbook so far.

. ..