Finished! :)

Old August 30th 09, 07:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default Finished! :)

I've just finished making my entry into our guild challenge -- which is
due in January. G Yes, I'm ahead, but it's mainly because I am still
procrastinating about finishing my camp projects.

For this challenge we were given a FQ of a green/purple dot (it
"morphed" from green on purple to the opposite) and a smaller piece of
the same thing in red/yellow. I found a log cabin block variation I
liked online and went from there. The quilt is a mini, measuring 15"
square (3" blocks).

I've posted a couple of photos at
http://www.sandymike.net/html/paperpieced.html#Log_Cabin_in_the_Corner,
if you want to see it.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old August 30th 09, 07:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_6_]

That's an absolute treasure! I was trying to picture it before I got to the
Web site, but I failed miserably - I never imagined a piece that's so alive.
It's a good thing I'm not taking part in your challenge - it'd be January,
and I'd probably still be staring at the fabrics and shaking my head,
wondering what on earth I was going to do with them. Congrats on a job well
done!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old August 30th 09, 08:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

I think you handled the colors very well, and your piece appears to be
very nicely made! However, are you aware that it appears to be
covered with swastikas?
Old August 30th 09, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
Mary wrote:

I think you handled the colors very well, and your piece appears to be
very nicely made! However, are you aware that it appears to be
covered with swastikas?

Thanks, Mary -- though I'd hoped that no one else would notice that.
It's just the way the colors "played" together -- they should have
looked like pinwheels. I wonder now if I should even enter it into the
challenge and whether I should take it off my site. :S

Old August 30th 09, 08:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

On Aug 30, 2:41*pm, Sandy wrote:
In article
,

*Mary wrote:
I think you handled the colors very well, and your piece appears to be
very nicely made! *However, are you aware that it appears to be
covered with swastikas?

Thanks, Mary -- though I'd hoped that no one else would notice that.
It's just the way the colors "played" together -- they should have
looked like pinwheels. I wonder now if I should even enter it into the
challenge and whether I should take it off my site. :S

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sw.foster1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)http://www.sandymike.net

It's a beauty and it looks like pinwheels to me. With those vibrant
colors, you can call it "Southwest" something or other and if anyone
says they see swatikas (sp?), just say those are Native American
whirling logs meaning good luck. Donna
Old August 30th 09, 08:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I love how you've used the pattern to make such a showpiece for the
fabric. The subtle beading is also very clever. Well done you!
..
In message , Sandy
writes
I've just finished making my entry into our guild challenge -- which is
due in January. G Yes, I'm ahead, but it's mainly because I am still
procrastinating about finishing my camp projects.

For this challenge we were given a FQ of a green/purple dot (it
"morphed" from green on purple to the opposite) and a smaller piece of
the same thing in red/yellow. I found a log cabin block variation I
liked online and went from there. The quilt is a mini, measuring 15"
square (3" blocks).

I've posted a couple of photos at
http://www.sandymike.net/html/paperpieced.html#Log_Cabin_in_the_Corner,
if you want to see it.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 30th 09, 08:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I saw pinwheels?
..
In message , Sandy
writes

Old August 30th 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_6_]

Sandy, I saw nothing but pinwheels. If you're concerned, though, could you
give it a name that incorporates the word pinwheels (Dotty Pinwheels or
Spinning My Wheels or something like that) so it's clear what they are?
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

"Sandy" wrote in message
In article
,

Old August 30th 09, 09:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

Sandy wrote:
In article
,
Mary wrote:

I think you handled the colors very well, and your piece appears to be
very nicely made! However, are you aware that it appears to be
covered with swastikas?

Thanks, Mary -- though I'd hoped that no one else would notice that.
It's just the way the colors "played" together -- they should have
looked like pinwheels. I wonder now if I should even enter it into the
challenge and whether I should take it off my site. :S

All I saw when I looked at it was pinwheels. I'd say go ahead and enter
it, and don't take it off your site. You did a great job using the
challenge fabric.

Julia in MN

--
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/default