Sulky 12 wt. cotton thread on sale

Old July 19th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default Sulky 12 wt. cotton thread on sale

www.sewingwarehouse.com has a 550 yd. spool of Sulky Blendables 12 wt.
thread for only $3.69 a spool. I ordered 20 spools and the shipping is only
$4.00. The next cheapest price I found was $5.19 per spool, so if you love
this heavy weight machine thread for buttonhole or satin stitching like I
do... well, stock up! (This is the thread I used some time ago and the
small buttonhole stitch looked like braid applied to the edge of the
appliqué- a really cool look!)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old July 20th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

HI Lisa! Long time...... I just looked at your picture albums. You're
still doing fabulous work. Love the needle felting projects.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Lisa Caryl" wrote in message
Hi Leslie,
I'm wondering if you or anyone here has used this thread for machine
quilting? I am wondering how it behaved, if you know.
Thank you,

--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

remove the obvious to reply

Old July 20th 08, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_4_]

I used Sulky blendables 30wt to FMQ on my last two projects; a table
runner and a lap quilt. I love the stuff; have not used 12wt, though.
-Irene

Old July 20th 08, 05:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

I just followed the link and there is no mention of Sulkey thread on
the site. I wonder if it was a closeout sale and now it's all gone?
Either that or I'm being totally incompetent again in searching.

Sunny
Old July 20th 08, 05:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lisa Caryl[_2_]

Hi KJ,
Yes, been awhile hasn't it? Been busy. Taught crazy quilting for the Omaha
Guild, then went to the Crazy Quilt Conference over there 2 weeks later and
helped my friend Martha Green with 2 of her classes. You can see pics from
our time there at my friend Karen's blog, even a picture of my Paris Box.
http://karensouth.blogspot.com/

Next weekend I am going to a retreat led by Heidi Kaisand up in St. Ansgar
(a gift from the shop where I teach for our 10th anniversary). I bought a
Designer SE Limited this week (a good deal since people are turning them in
for the new Diamond machine), and my friend Liz from the shop will be
showing me all the cool stuff it can do at the retreat. I just hope I'm
smart enough to figure out how to use all the things it does. I have my
doubts at the moment.

Anyway, it's nice to hear from you, and thank you for the complement. I do
love the needle felting machine. Once I get my room put back together from
all the flooding I had, I hope to get back to that and all the other
numerous projects I have going!
Lisa

Old July 20th 08, 05:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

It works GREAT in the sewing machine- but you have to use a size 16 or 18
needle. I have used both 50 wt. cotton in the bobbin and (poly) bobbin
thread with it and both work fine. I want to use the 12 wt. thread for a
whole cloth type of quilt- a very small one, since that's not my thing- but
I want to see how it looks.

Okay- I did a quick practice piece on some scraps. Top and bottom fabric
are very tightly woven 100% cotton fabric and the batting is Warm & White-
all are pre-washed. I used a 16 topstitch needle and the top 12 wt. thread
broke within a few stitches, so I changed to a size 18 needle. It worked
great. I didn't have any bobbin prewound with a thinner thread, so the
bobbin is a 40 wt. cotton thread. I loosened the top tension one whole
number- big mistake! I have loopies on the back, and this could have
contributed to the little blurbs of thread on the back when I changed
direction. There is also a pic of the buttonhole stitch that looks almost
like a narrow braid on the edge of the appliqué. (And I did NOT do any
warm-up quilting, so it's not very even.... I *can* do better! LOL)

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...60435514ACVhqK

HTH

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Lisa Caryl" wrote in message
Yes, I have too and I just loved it. I was hoping someone could say how
the
12wt works in a machine before I invest in some. I guess if it doesn't
work,
I could always try it for hand embroidery or tatting.
Lisa

Old July 20th 08, 06:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

You could always use it for bobbin work if it doesn't work well in the
needle.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old July 20th 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Oh my...you have been busy! Did you have much flood damage?

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old July 20th 08, 06:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Your box is gorgeous! I love to look at CQ, but have no desire to try it
.....right now. Always subject to change.
I have no doubt you'll be able to make your machine do wonderful tricks for
you. Have fun with it.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

"Lisa Caryl" wrote in message
[...]

Sulky 12 wt. thread & Presencia thread Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 21 December 30th 07 10:04 PM
Good cotton thread Lenore L Quilting 0 December 2nd 07 08:54 PM
thread: cotton vs cotton-polyester Ellison Quilting 25 August 2nd 05 03:15 PM
Cotton or Polyester Thread clancy Quilting 10 February 4th 05 12:09 AM
Rebekah cotton thread LLWeisse Yarn 0 April 4th 04 02:57 AM