Ohio Star Gift quilt finished

Old February 16th 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default Ohio Star Gift quilt finished

I finished the Ohio Star that is a gift for my sister-in-law, to thank
her for all the help she has given us over the years since we have
been back in Ohio. The picture I took is not the best and I will
probably replace it in the next couple of days, but you will get the
idea. It is 72" x 72" and matches the colors (greens) in her living
room and I chose the Pinks and Pale Reds and the Burgundy binding for
accent. The sashing is actually a faint mottled peach which doesn't
show up the best in this picture. She doesn't know I am doing it for
her and she doesn't have any quilts, to my knowledge, in her house.
She has been eyeing some of mine and commenting on how lovely they
are. (hint, hint). I have been non committal as I didn't want to let
her know I was doing one for her. We are going up there early next
month and we will give it to her then. It should be a hoot. I had a
lot of fun doing all the points in this pattern and will probably do
another one for myself.

Here's the link,

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635KYaGzP

John

Old February 16th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Great job, John. The quilt is a fine beauty and I believe your SIL will
cherish it. Well done. Polly

Old February 16th 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marie Dodge[_2_]

"John" wrote in message
[...]

I love the colors John. Beautiful!

John

Old February 16th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Very pretty.... I have a fondness for the Ohio Star.... being a Buckeye
deep down (born there... and have 2 degrees from OSU!)

Your SIL is quite lucky!

--
Kate in MI

Old February 16th 08, 04:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Lovely colors and a pretty setting- good job! I'm sure she'll be honored
and thrilled to receive such a beautiful quilt! Great job! That's one of
my favorite blocks, too.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old February 16th 08, 07:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

It's beautiful, John. Those colours look really good together.
Your SIL will love it. It's just right for a quilt with special
significance.
..
In message
, John
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 16th 08, 12:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Lovely! The colors look very fresh together. (If she doesn't like it, you
know what to do :-)
Roberta in D

Old February 16th 08, 12:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MB

John...it seems like you mention that you are going to make a certain quilt
and before we know it ..it is done !!! It is a beauty !!..Mary

Old February 16th 08, 01:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Feb 16, 7:48*am, "MB" wrote:
John...it seems like you mention that you are going to make a certain quilt
and before we know it ..it is done !!! * *It is a beauty !!..Mary

No family to cook for, children to raise, job to go to, or other
organization to attend, and nine hour days quilting, makes for quick
quilts. That and an obsessive compulsive attitude toward what I am
doing at the time. My wife asked me this morning when I went to buy
the fabric and we started to think about it and decided the time from
going to buying the fabric to last nights completion was about 8 days.
I bought the fabric on 2-8-08 and finished it last night. A couple of
those days were spent not doing much on the quilt as we had to go to
outside things. Cold snowy weather is conducive to spending time
quilting also.

John