Little clover iron rest - FYI

Old October 6th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

Default Little clover iron rest - FYI

I remember reading the thread about flimsy rests for the Little Clover iron
and the hot glue rhinestone thingy. I found a cute. teensy little cast iron
skillet *many* years ago that I use, apparently it's actually a spoon rest.
It must have been some sort of 'give away' long ago from 'Lodge' cast iron
company because I've never seen one actually for sale anywhere. Well, when
I was looking for the link to post for the powdered starch I found a place
that sells them, just incase anyone wants to get one of these things. They
really work well to lay down those little hot gadgets. NYAA. I also put some
of those little felt dots on the bottom so it wouldn't scratch up my sewing
table.
http://www.lehmans.com/shopping/prod...ProductID=7118

Val

Old October 6th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy

I use a tall (old) coffee mug to put mine in. (Check your local Salvation
Army or Goodwill store). Without something secure to put that Clover Iron
in, I was afraid I'd either set fire to my table or badly burn myself!
Something others have done is super-glue the teeny iron rest to a 6" ceramic
tile. It's better to be safe than sorry.
--
ME-Judy
ajhusman at blazenetme dot net

Old October 7th 07, 12:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Di[_2_]

What clever ideas - I am going to go with the tile one as I have a couple of
spare rectangle ones.

Thanks ladies,

Di

Old October 7th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 11:04:23 -0700, "Val" wrote:

I remember reading the thread about flimsy rests for the Little Clover iron
and the hot glue rhinestone thingy. I found a cute. teensy little cast iron
skillet *many* years ago that I use, apparently it's actually a spoon rest.
It must have been some sort of 'give away' long ago from 'Lodge' cast iron
company because I've never seen one actually for sale anywhere. Well, when
I was looking for the link to post for the powdered starch I found a place
that sells them, just incase anyone wants to get one of these things. They
really work well to lay down those little hot gadgets. NYAA. I also put some
of those little felt dots on the bottom so it wouldn't scratch up my sewing
table.
http://www.lehmans.com/shopping/prod...ProductID=7118

Val

I've got a tiny cast skillet somewhere in the basement. I might dig
that out for Mom, and then do the tile thing for mine. Mom has used a
Pyrex pie pan in the past.

I've tried the coffee mug and found it to be highly likely to topple
over unexpectedly. It would fall over 2-10 minutes after I put it in
the mug, so I feel it isn't safe enough for me. I felt safer using
the original stand because if it was going to topple it would do so
right then while I was expecting it, not after I might have left the
room to do something else.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

Mini iron or soldering iron? NightMist Quilting 4 April 10th 06 09:16 AM
Clover mini iron anne Needlework 4 September 11th 05 08:34 PM
FS: Vintage Singer Featherweight Iron -- Best Piecing Iron Available! singer_fw_iron_lover Marketplace 0 August 14th 04 08:10 PM
FS: Vintage Singer Featherweight Iron -- Best Piecing Iron Available! singer_fw_iron_lover Marketplace 0 August 14th 04 08:09 PM
iron on transfer ruined iron??? Sharon Gates Quilting 5 November 1st 03 08:32 PM