OT - spectacular photos of that huge storm we had

Old June 23rd 04, 08:18 AM
Kandice Seeber

Default OT - spectacular photos of that huge storm we had

http://www.lampwork.net/storm.html

I had to make a whole page devoted to this. The pics at the bottom of this
page will blow your mind!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old June 23rd 04, 08:32 AM
melinda

Kandice Seeber wrote:
http://www.lampwork.net/storm.html

I had to make a whole page devoted to this. The pics at the bottom of this
page will blow your mind!!

A very spectacular lightning show!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old June 23rd 04, 02:47 PM
Karen_AZ

Wow Kandice!!!!! Thanks for sharing those. The pix and the video on the TV
website are great too.

I'm waiting for the monsoon to kick up here. The dewpoint has stayed in the
40's though, so it's gonna be a while yet. Man I love the storms out here.

KarenK

Old June 23rd 04, 04:56 PM
starlia

Those are freaking awesome photos!

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old June 23rd 04, 05:46 PM
Jalynne

WOW! That is so amazing...so close, and yet so far away.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old June 24th 04, 03:46 AM
Pam

wow, I can't believe I missed that! I love lightning storms... and miss the
good ones we used to get on the East Coast. I did see a spectacular light
show out of the window of the air plane Monday night on the way home from
Texas though - it was one of the top 10 amazing sights in my life so far -
Stary night above, wispy clouds, huge dark dense cloud formations and lights
of towns below - with 5-10 lightning bolts lighting up the sky at a time and
highlighting all the oddly shaped cloud formations - absolutely wonderful -
especially since there was not a single bit of turbulance on the flight.
Wish I'd thought to pull the camera out and take some photos.

--
Pam Brisse
The Blue Between - handcrafted jewelry and bead art

Old June 24th 04, 04:40 AM
Kandice Seeber

LOL - I'm not sure - still being inspired. I have one of the pics as my
wallpaper and every time I look at it I am startled by the beauty. The only
problem is that I have to somehow translate that into color, since storms
are so dark. It might be hard to do anything storm related without the use
of silver. The wheels are turning, though.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old June 24th 04, 04:42 AM
Kandice Seeber

You missed it??? You weren't home?? It was right over your town I believe.
Oh, you missed a good show!!! Damn, I forgot you were out of town. I was
worried you got struck by one of the thousands of bolts of lightning that
struck that night!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old June 24th 04, 04:53 AM
Pam

Haha! Though visiting the in-laws can sometimes feel as if I've been struck
by lightning. My friend who was house/dog sitting was up all night worried
that *she* was going to get struck - we have these huge windows in our
bedroom and she couldn't sleep thinking something was coming through the
window. The dogs slept right through it though she said. I know she's a
scardy pants, but now that I see your pictures I can see that she actually
had reason to be afraid - it looked ferocious. (But fun - I would have loved
to sit at the window and watch it!)

--
[...]

AD: Storm the Gift Horse II starlia Beads 2 March 3rd 04 09:44 PM
A Huge Huge Thank you Debbie B Beads 0 February 28th 04 01:17 AM
OT Lunar Eclipse Photos Kandice Seeber Beads 0 November 10th 03 10:33 PM