Happy Torch Anniversary to Me!

Old July 27th 05, 06:31 AM
Dawn >^..^

Default Happy Torch Anniversary to Me!

One year ago today, I was about to burst into tears because I couldn't keep
the glass from sagging on my mandrel. My first little bead was clear, and
looked more like the tears rolling down my face than a bead! I thought I
would just sit down and whip out a few fabulous beads....LOLOLOL...snort!

Anyway, I thought this would be a good time to thank everyone here who was
so kind and supportive when I first started posting. The encouragement, and
suggestions, and "Klunks" have meant more to me than I can ever tell you!
You guys ROCK!

And just for grins, I thought I would show you the "Photo of Shame", The
beads I made on my first day at the torch, a year ago today.
(Warning: I will not be responsible for damage to keyboard from beverage
spewing accidents caused by uncontrollable laughter!)....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...work/Day_1.jpg
--
Dawn
"Art Insomnia"

Old July 27th 05, 06:39 AM
Mystified One

Dawn,

As one of the quilters who migrated (and also hasn't tried actually MAKING a
bead, I can only admit I wouldn't even post a picture of my first quilt.
But I might consider using a bead like your first on something. I don't
know what, though...

news

Old July 27th 05, 06:46 AM
Dr. Sooz

Dawnie, those aren't that bad. I'm kind of amazed.

Old July 27th 05, 06:48 AM
Dr. Sooz

Happy Anniversary. And, as someone who owns your beautiful beads, let
me say THANK YOU for perservering.

(persevering? SP?) Anyway -- THANKS!!!

Old July 27th 05, 06:52 AM
Stephanie

Happy Anniversary!!! I am in awe at how fast you have taken to
lampworking, beautiful lampworking!!

Old July 27th 05, 06:57 AM
bluemaxx

A verry merry anniverrsarry, Dawn. You have come SO FAR from that
tiny little clear bead and I'm very proud of you. )))))) As
someone who's lucky enough to own some of your beads, like Sooz, I
just can't wait to watch you develop over the years.
Congratulations!
Linda

news : One year ago today, I was about to burst into tears because I
:
: Anyway, I thought this would be a good time to thank everyone here
who was
: so kind and supportive when I first started posting. The
encouragement, and
: suggestions, and "Klunks" have meant more to me than I can ever tell
you!
: You guys ROCK!
:
: And just for grins, I thought I would show you the "Photo of Shame",
The
: beads I made on my first day at the torch, a year ago today.
: (Warning: I will not be responsible for damage to keyboard from
beverage
: spewing accidents caused by uncontrollable laughter!)....
:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...work/Day_1.jpg
: --

Old July 27th 05, 07:01 AM
Dawn >^..^

I have that first bead hanging above my bead table to remind me that if I
have a bad day at the torch, it could never be as bad as that first day!
That's what I use it for....LOL!

Old July 27th 05, 07:06 AM
Dawn >^..^

Thanks Stephanie!
After making beads for 10 years out of Polymer Clay, it was a HUGE
adjustment. The worst part was not being able to use my hands to shape them.
THAT would have been a hot lesson to learn! =o)

--
Dawn
"Art Insomnia"
Web Site http://www.art-insomnia.com
Auctions http://snipurl.com/my_ebay
ps.com...

Old July 27th 05, 07:20 AM
Dawn >^..^

You are so sweet! I can kind of picture you saying that with a stifled
grin....LOL!
When you gave me my very first "Klunk" I was so thrilled. Thank you Sooz!

--
Dawn
"Art Insomnia"
Web Site http://www.art-insomnia.com
Auctions http://snipurl.com/my_ebay
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
ups.com...
Dawnie, those aren't that bad. I'm kind of amazed.