report on August goals, set September goals

Old September 1st 03, 11:58 AM
DeannaAv

Default report on August goals, set September goals

Siptah,

My nephew had a Sponge Bob party for his 7th birthday -- the kids loved it! We
had a CD with music from the show, and they all sang every word along with it!
(Heck, so did I -- have to admit I laugh myself silly when I watch with my
nephew LOL)

My August goals were to stitch 5 hours on each of the following:

1. Stoney Creek Cape Ann Light -- at least 12 hours -- I'm 2/3 done!
2. Barbara Thompson's Art Nouveau Peacock -- at least 7-8!
3. Cross My Heart's Oliver -- close, but not quite 5.
4. Teresa Wentzler's Fruit Bellpull -- never touched it.
5. Teresa Wentzler's Peacock Tapestry -- never touched it

and then finish:

6. Two Christmas ornaments -- after posting for July, I realized I included
two ornaments I finished August 1, so now I'm counting them as my August ornies

For September, my goals will be:

1. Finish Stoney Creek Cape Ann Light for dad's birthday (9/26)
2. Stitch two Christmas ornaments
3. Backstitch for at least 5 hours on TW Peaceable Kingdom
4. Work on Art Nouveau Peacock for at least 5 hours.
5. If finish #1-4, start new project (either TW Holly & Ivy Sampler or
Mirabilia Rose Arbour or Rose of Sharon)!
Deanna A.
in southeastern New York

http://community.webshots.com/user/deannaav

WIPS: TW Peaceable Kingdom, Fruit Bellpull & Peacock Tapestry, SC Cape Ann
Light, Art Nouveau Peacock, CMH Oliver, Christmas Ornaments
Old September 1st 03, 12:58 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Hey Siptah!

So......September's goals

1) Daughter's birthday party. (Turns 6 on the 2nd, having a party on the 6th
with six invitees plus my two daughters) SpongeBob Squarepants theme (co-ed
party)

That's DD's birthday too! Except her party is the following Sunday. But the
second will be her first day of kindergarten!

Give her a hug from DD!
Cheryl

Old September 1st 03, 03:27 PM
Siptah

her party is Saturday, because Sunday the family is coming down to celebrate
(also, DH's birthday is the 5th). She has her 'kindergarten round-up" day
on Tues (her birthday) (kindergarten round-up...they bring in the class 1/4
at a time for a short day (1:45 instead of 2:30) with a parent to allow the
teacher to see what level the children are at and how they interact with
others, etc...). Classes for the kindegarteners actually start next week
(the 8th), but the rest of the grades start classes tomorrow (the 2nd).

--
Siptah
Columbus, OH

Old September 2nd 03, 11:22 AM
Pat Dumas

Mellissa wrote:

Dear Lord, please grant me seven more hours each day, that I might complete
my list!

Mellissa

LOL! I'm with you there, Mellissa. :-) I had planned to spend a good
six hours on stitching yesterday, getting my Vermillion Stitchery Blue
Santa underway, but my dear FIL called offering his help in getting the
subfloor down in the kitchen so as to be ready for the tilework needing
to be done. Never look a gift father-in-law (former carpenter!!) in the
mouth when you've got a husband laid up recovering from a knee
replacement! LOL

Needless to say, I did get about twenty minutes done, while exhausted at
the end of the night (he measured, I sawed out the lower inch of all the
decorative moldings to slip plywood floor and tile underneath so it's
neater, and then did the 'screw-gun thang' with much help from my
15-year-old). When I look at it today, I'm betting it's loaded with
mistakes from being too tired to stitch properly! LOL

But I'm proud of myself. I've heeded those on the list who've done this
far longer than I and .... ahem.... I am railroading. I LOVE how the
finished product looks!

Anyway, on to goals:

September:
Start both VS Blue Santa, and VS Angel Bell Pull, as they are to be
Christmas gifts.
For a break, play with my Victorian house chart that's about 1/3
stitched and I had misplaced nearly a year ago only to find again! It's
easy stitching, no blended threads, no confetti, so it will make for a
nice 'need a break' project to insert in the rotation when I need it.

Happy stitching all!
Pat in NY

Old September 2nd 03, 02:26 PM
mickey

I haven't set stitching goals before, but I'm hoping a public posting
will keep me on track. Here goes:

For September:
1. Finish cross stitching on platypus, start beading.
2. Pick out fabric for pillow (platypus cross stitch).
3. Start Fantasy Wedding Bleassing.

With all the travel I'm doing, that should be enough to keep me out of
trouble. ;-)

--Mickey
Old September 2nd 03, 04:37 PM
Darla

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 01:56:39 GMT, "Siptah"
wrote:

August goals were....
1) Finish Lizzie Kate's Spring Button-Up
2) face and sleeve on MLI Angel of Spring
3) 5 hours (or more) on I Spy quilts for daughters
4) wall hanging for hubby (deadline for Sept birthday?)
(boy, don't those look familiar? *grin*...oh, and I think I'll be starting
back at work half days around mid-month)

Well, I did start back to work, half days on the 18th. Did lots of
stitching; very, very little sewing. I finished Lizzie Kate's Spring
Button-Up, and about half of Summer Button-Up. I did the face and sleeve,
the bodice front and most of the rest of the wings on MLI Angel of Spring.
I did not put any time in on the I Spy quilts or the quilted wall-hanging
for hubby (guess it's gonna be a Christmas gift now...no way it'll be ready
by Friday). I also got (or had done) a lot of stuff around the house to try
to get it ready to sell....I got the house powerwashed, sealed the asphalt
driveway, replaced the sliding glass door and some rotted flooring in one of
the bathrooms...have a dead tree in scheduling to be removed and a bit more
work in a bathroom scheduled.

So......September's goals

1) Daughter's birthday party. (Turns 6 on the 2nd, having a party on the 6th
with six invitees plus my two daughters) SpongeBob Squarepants theme (co-ed
party)
2) Finish up preparing house, list it (anyone wanna buy a 3 bed/2.5 bath
colonial? *g*)
3) Work on I Spy quilts for daughters (at least 5 hours)
4) Work on quilted wallhanging for DH

5) Finish Lizzie Kate's Summer Button-Up
6) Stitch back of bodice on MLI Angel of Spring

(maybe if I have the stitching stuff at the bottom instead of the top I'll
get some of the other stuff done---yeah, right--*grin*)

Darla
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.
Old September 2nd 03, 04:39 PM
Darla

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 01:56:39 GMT, "Siptah"
wrote:

so....August goals....
1. Humor "Storyteller" and keep plugging away at that all week long,
weekdays and weekends.
2. Humor the other project and keep plugging away at it at work and
at CATS Riverside.

September goals:
Just a rerun of August's goals:
1. Keep plugging away at TW'S "The Storyteller"
2. Keep plugging away at "Beethoven Forever"
Old September 2nd 03, 05:50 PM
Lynn Hansen

It was a bad month for me and my goals. I dropped the ball on one and
decided against two more.

So... August:
Finish Love Will Keep Us Together by San Man Originals for the wedding
present. NOPE, I skipped the wedding (too tired) and still have the
beading to do on the piece then I'll get it framed and to the newlyweds
ASAP.

Finish Printer Error by Kats by Kelly DONE

Finish two bands on EGA GCC Ukranian Openwork NOPE, I had been looking
forward to this GCC for a long time and, in fact, joined the Cyber
Stitchers Guild in order to do it. Once I got the instructions, though,
I was disappointed as it doesn't supply the challenge I was hoping for.
I'm not feeling at all committed to finishing it.

Purchase supplies for EGA GCC Drawn Thread Sampler 2. NOPE, while I
fully intend to do this one someday, probably in the same colors as
Drawn Thread Sampler 1, I'm not inspired now and don't want it to be a
guilt/UFO piece so I'm waiting.

Five hours on The Scarlet Unspoken by Dimples Designs. DONE 8 hours

September Goals:
* Work through my rotation once, maybe twice. (I think twice is pushing
it as far as hours, but we'll see.)
* Clean up my needlework cupboard (the clutter is constantly changing,
so I don't feel guilty about the "mess" but it's the first thing a
person sees when walking in my front door.)
* Maintain the clean cupboard.
* Kit up the Little Venus freebie as my next BART (public transit)
project. Start it if/when Santa is done.

My goal completion reward remains the same, since I didn't complete last
month's goals.

Doing the little goldwork kit from DK Designs that I picked up at CATS.
Old September 2nd 03, 06:41 PM
Brenda Lewis

My August goal was to do 10 hours of stitching on anything. I only
managed about 5. We entertained the in-laws on a cross-state bike trip
for a week and I took along a Big Bird (Sesame Street) kit. Then we
planned to have a week off before going to my parents. Received a call
to say Dad was in ICU so we hit the road sooner than planned. Dad
didn't have a heart attack but would need to have a stent put in so I
stayed (along with baby and puppy) to help Mom take care of DS. DH had
to come back home because classes started on the day Dad was having the
procedure. While we were there Mom broke out with shingles.

DH picked us up and we came home on Saturday. While on the road DD
broke out with chicken pox (she was scheduled to get the vaccine in six
weeks when she turns 1yo). Doctor's office asked me if she only had
three or four spots...I said she has that many in one ear alone! The
poor child is a mess. DS also has them and I'm trying to figure out if
I'm getting them. Because of this we cannot show the house this week
and had to cancel the open house scheduled for this weekend. We are
moving to the new house the third weekend of October so it would be
REALLY nice to have a solid offer on this place before then. Sigh.

Given all that, I don't think I will set a stitching goal this month.
Please pardon me while I scratch...

--
Brenda Lewis
WIP: ...on hiatus...

Old September 2nd 03, 08:35 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Oh Brenda!
Please pardon me while I scratch...

Ouch, try an oatmeal bath! Hope the shingles don't come for a visit right
after.

Cheryl