Usenet closing entire 'rec.crafts.textiles' section?

Old July 15th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Default Usenet closing entire 'rec.crafts.textiles' section?

Coming out of imposed lurkdom to ask if anyone else has heard from
their NTTP provider(s) that usenet is closing down the entire
rec.crafts. textiles (.whatever, in this case .yarn) ??
I received 4 notices yesterday, from each of the NTTP servers I use.
Back into imposed lurkdom,
Noreen
http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0628-5, 07/14/2006
Tested: 7/15/2006 2:16:34 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old July 15th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 14:16:30 -0500, YarnWright
spewed forth :

Coming out of imposed lurkdom to ask if anyone else has heard from
their NTTP provider(s) that usenet is closing down the entire
rec.crafts. textiles (.whatever, in this case .yarn) ??
I received 4 notices yesterday, from each of the NTTP servers I use.
Back into imposed lurkdom,
Noreen

No, but it wouldn't surprise me. There's no money to be made off of
us. All the pr0n and warez leeches are where the money is these days:
binaries or bust is the new news services motto.

Roadrunner just throttles NNTP speed to force people elsewhere. Last
time I bothered to check binary groups are retained for 48 hours,
putative text-only groups for 14 days.

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old July 15th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia

Haven't heard any such thing. Are sure these messages aren't spoofed? Could
the ol' tr**ls be back?

Georgia

Old July 15th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Maybe some servers are dropping them. I use the one out of Berlin, and
I haven't received any such notice.

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Old July 16th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Marilyn wrote:
I access newsgroups through Comcast and I have not heard anything.

I use several free servers and haven't received anything along these
lines. Usenet exists, there's really no one `in charge' of it and it's
up to individual service providers to carry groups. Evidently Noreen's
is dropping these in order to carry others. There's way over 100,000
groups - few providers carry all of them.

sue
Old July 16th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 19:22:27 -0400, suzee spun a fine yarn

Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 19:22:27 -0400
From: suzee
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Marilyn wrote:
I access newsgroups through Comcast and I have not heard anything.

I use several free servers and haven't received anything along these
lines. Usenet exists, there's really no one `in charge' of it and it's
up to individual service providers to carry groups. Evidently Noreen's
is dropping these in order to carry others. There's way over 100,000
groups - few providers carry all of them.

sue
---

Sue,
I use 4 different NTTP servers, my ISP's
(which I HATE, hardly ever use, thats why I have the next 4),
news.individual.net,
mailgate.org,
newsgate.x-privat.org, and
aioe.org...
and these emails all came in yesterday.

Noreen

back into lurkdom.

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0628-5, 07/14/2006
Tested: 7/15/2006 6:37:33 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old July 16th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Marilyn wrote:
I access newsgroups through Comcast and I have not heard anything.

I use several free servers and haven't received anything along these
lines. Usenet exists, there's really no one `in charge' of it and it's
up to individual service providers to carry groups. Evidently Noreen's
is dropping these in order to carry others. There's way over 100,000
groups - few providers carry all of them.

sue
---

Sue,
I use 5 different NTTP servers, my ISP's
(which I HATE, hardly ever use, thats why I have the next 4),
news.individual.net,
mailgate.org,
newsgate.x-privat.org, and
aioe.org...
and these emails all came in yesterday.

Noreen

back into lurkdom.

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418

---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0628-5, 07/14/2006
Tested: 7/15/2006 6:39:18 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old July 16th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 18:39:17 -0500, YarnWright
spewed forth :

I use 5 different NTTP servers, my ISP's
(which I HATE, hardly ever use, thats why I have the next 4),
news.individual.net,
mailgate.org,
newsgate.x-privat.org, and
aioe.org...
and these emails all came in yesterday.

Noreen

It looks as if those are all in .eu and most likely all using the same
upstream feed. If they're all saying they're about to drop rec.* or
subsets thereof I'd guess that the upstream feed is dropping them.

As somebody else said, very few providers carry every group in
existance, for a wide variety of reasons all hinging on money.

Old July 16th 06, 05:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I haven`t got such a notice ??????????????????
mirjam