Book recommendation for everyone

Old April 23rd 04, 10:37 PM
Diana Curtis

Default Book recommendation for everyone

That sounds like my kind of story. Thank you!
I dont much care what age group a book is intended for. A well written tale
is good at any age.
Diana

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
This is bar none, the best book of all time. I've given away dozens of
copies, and have read it aloud to all sorts of people. I've never met

anyone
who wasn't shouting for more every time I paused to catch a breath. It

was
out of print for many years, and I spent Big Bucks to get a collector's

copy.
It's finally been reprinted, and is a must read book.

The Silver Crown by Robert C. O'Brien (ISBN: 0689841116)

Note - There are several books with the same title. The others stink.

This
is the one you want.

Every chapter is a masterpiece, and you can get the kids to agree to do
anything "if you'll just read a little bit more."

A girl named Ellen wakes up in bed on her birthday, and finds a magical
silver crown in her pocket. The plot twists a hundred times before the

end,
and nothing is what it seems. The book might be a bit too scary for
preschoolers, who might be scared of the "sudden orphan" archetype, and

they
definitely wouldn't understand the mind control stuff. (this sounds

whacked,
but the book is amazing)

Because there is no German translation for this book, I read it aloud in
English, one sentence at a time, waited for my cousin to translate the
sentence into German, and then read another sentence. She and her parents
(all adults) were utterly wrapped up in the spell from this book.

Obviously,
or we wouldn't have gone to all the trouble to translate.

Even if you have to forego a bead, buy this book. That's how confident I

am
that you'll love it.

Kathy N-V

Old April 24th 04, 02:18 AM
Beadbimbo

Ooooooooo. Sounds like something DD and I would enjoy!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
[...]

Book Review: Beaded Jewelry with Found Objects Harry Beads 4 April 13th 04 05:04 AM
Book Review: Chic & Easy Beading: 100 Fast and Fun Fashion Jewelry EL Beads 5 March 27th 04 12:18 AM
Book Recommendation Arondelle Beads 6 February 27th 04 12:08 PM
Book Review: Kate McKinnon, Project Workbook 2003 EL Beads 9 February 25th 04 03:28 PM